Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums >

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 14, 2004, 8:24 PM   #1
gruss's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 30

Sorry if this has been asked before. I'm kind of skeptical of stuff like this, but has anyone had any experiance with these. Price is right, but I dont wanna flush $ down the toilet.\

Let me know what you think
gruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 14, 2004, 9:36 PM   #2
Senior Member
brianhare's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 969

gruss,,don`t know what to say for sure here,,i`ve been looking at them too....

but decided i`d pass,,,,,,,the sellers refusal to answer simple questions i`ve asked

is my main problem,,that and they could well be junk,,,and take poor quality tele and

wide angle pics....he won`t reply to any e-mails,,,,and that really worries me.......

My advise,,,stay away unless he`ll gice a satisfaction guarrantee..

brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2004, 10:42 PM   #3
Senior Member
Tom Overton's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,458

Hello Gruss;

My opinion of these lenses is stay away. You may want more from your camera, but this looks like a situation where more is definitely less. I won't say any more on the subject for fear of sounding arrogant (which I'm not) or a fool (which I probably am)


Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada
Tom Overton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2004, 12:08 PM   #4
gruss's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 30

Thanks for the replies. Yeah thats kind of scary when they wont answer, I hadnt tried that yet.

As for sounding arrogant, you didn't and dont worry about it, I've been accused of the same thing in other forums where I'm actually semi-well informed Any reason why you think they would be bad? Basically I know nothing about the construction of lenses so if you can provide some insight I'd be more than happy to listen

Basically I'm really happy with my camera, but I like experimenting, and these were cheap enough that even if they werent perfect, likedecent optics but poor construction, they might be good for the learning curve. If the optics stink though, then it aint worth a penny, let alne 7000 of them.
gruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2004, 7:08 PM   #5
Senior Member
trtjazz's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 107


While 95% of the sellers on E bay are legitimate the other 5% are more than happy to rob people. In this case if a seller will not respond to E mails, no way for me then.

If one cannot get a response before the sale you darn sure won't get one after money back guarantee or not.

The feedback on sellers at E bay is very important to look at if they have tons of it and it's good, then they are probably ok, if only a few and they are all glowing or bad, pass.

trtjazz is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 5:02 PM.