Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Kodak (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/kodak-24/)
-   -   How do I print long panorama??? (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/kodak-24/how-do-i-print-long-panorama-107901/)

kselfrid2 Nov 30, 2006 10:35 AM

I have a question which probably properly belongs on another part of this forum, HOWEVER, I have high hopes that someone here (my favorite forum) might have an answer.

I have captured a series of ten random frames from a movie pan that covers at least 90 degrees. The ten frames overlap one another generously enough to allow the creation of a still panorama print that at 100% would measure 8.3 inches by 62.5 inches.

I have a printer (HP Deskjet 712C) that will print a continuous 8.5 inches by any length I require to print out a 750 person genealogy Family Tree. I'm not sure what my HP Photosmart 3210xi is capable of.

My question is: How come none of my photo imaging programs (HP Image Zone, Elements 2.0 and Elements 4.0) will allow a larger print than 8.5" X 14"?? I confess I have not tried my Kodak EasyShare.

Is it a matter of upgrading the printer drivers for the imaging program(s)? A different printer?? OR is there an imaging program (inexpensive) that can readily perform what should be a slam-dunk for any serious photographer.????? By serious I don't mean a professional that can sell a few photos and buy any piece of equipment they want.

I would love to be able to print out this panorama and put it on my wall for while. Printed on 14" legal paper it comes out a disappointing 1 ¾" X 13". Bummer!!

I thank any and all who might take a shot at this. If necessary I will put the question on the tech forum.

Ken S., hopefully

flymhi Nov 30, 2006 1:54 PM

I made a 8.5" x 44" on my Epson 890. I think it`s the printer that determines how long the print can be.

kselfrid2 Nov 30, 2006 2:50 PM

Hi, is that "mile high"?

Thanks for the observation. Is the Epson a Photo Printer?? What paper did you use for the long print??

What you say could be true except I printeda continuous thirty seven footFamily Tree on the HP 712C. None of the print menus or dialog boxes in the Elements programs offers anything larger than a legal size print. Thereare no "Custom" sizes either.

Any further comments you might have would be very helpful.

Thanks, again.

Ken

PS: I see what you are saying about the printer determining the length of the Pano. I just ran across a debate on two printers, an HP and an Epson (Posted: Mon Feb 21st, 2005 02:44 pm on Steve's Digicams) that pretty much made it clear that the Epson could do 44 inches and the HP was limited to 24 inches.

Thanks for insight.

Ken

flymhi Nov 30, 2006 3:22 PM

Yes the 890 is a photo printer. The print was 8" wide not 8.5.

I had bought 2 rolls of Epson paper on Ebay 8" x 65 ft. for around 30 something dollars a few yrs ago. I sold one later for more than I paid for the2. They were surplus from a defunct photo business.

I just opened a pano in Photoshop 7 that is 45" long. I increased the image size to 100 ". I don`t see why you can`t go to image size and make it what ever size you want.

On my printer I have to indicate what size paper I`m using otherwise it assumes it`s 8.5 x 11 ,I believe.

I`m assuming the data has to be stored in the printer memory in order to be printed thats why it will only make one 44". This is just a guess . I don`t know really what happens.

kselfrid2 Nov 30, 2006 4:48 PM

Thanks, flymhi!!

Ken