Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Kodak (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/kodak-24/)
-   -   Kodak P850 and 4 GB SD Card? (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/kodak-24/kodak-p850-4-gb-sd-card-97824/)

HidalgoMasuki Aug 11, 2006 9:26 PM

Will the kodak p850 work with 4 GB SD cards? I try looking for a topic where this has already been asked, but I didn't find one. I'm looking forward to getting a p850, and I was just wondering about this.

So, if anyone knows or can point me to a source that will tell me, I will be grateful.

Thank you.

wizbummer Aug 11, 2006 11:13 PM

I haven't heard of compatability w/ 4gb, but I don't think it would matter. I have a 2gb in my P880 and that works just dandy!

Right now the 4gb are still too pricey for my consideration, costs shouldn't be over $30/gb for a reputable brand and high-speed transfer IMO!

I'm thinking of getting another 2gb myself, on my weekend trip to WV I ended up filling the entire card, even though I was being watchful of my remaining space and taking out the pics that were obviously bad.

On eBay, a few guys have 10-pack lots of primo 2gb cards for around $200... $20/gb? I say yes :G

sameroad Aug 11, 2006 11:17 PM

I emailed kodak a while back with this question and they told me "no" :(

scrappynik Aug 12, 2006 12:57 AM

Iread (on a few different sites) that the 4gb cards will not work in the P850. The highest GB to use in the P850 would be the 2gb.

Niki

TheMachine Aug 12, 2006 6:45 AM

I couldn't say for sure about the P850, but I've had a 4 GB in my P880 no probs. I'd assume they are the same but try before you buy just to be on the safe side.

If you're ordering online, why not pop into a local camera store and ask them if you can test a 4 GB in your camera.

Yuma_R Aug 12, 2006 11:43 AM

I hope they change this with the next firmware.

HidalgoMasuki Aug 13, 2006 8:09 PM

What is kinda funny, I e-mailed Kodak about this same question about the P850 and they say the maximum it can take is 1 GB. And then they pointed me in the direction of their 1 GB cards they sell.

So since some of you use 2 GB cards, I already know that isn't always true. So maybe it is the same with 4 GB.

Morag2 Aug 13, 2006 11:25 PM

I am using a 2GB High Speed ATP card in my Kodak P850. However, I am almost certain 4GB's would not work. If you need that much space you should just get two 2GB cards (probably cheaper too).

domang Aug 14, 2006 6:04 AM

TheMachine wrote:
Quote:

...I've had a 4 GB in my P880 no probs.
Do you know for sure the camera is using 4 GB, Machine? It could be that it's using just 2 GB.

misery94 Aug 24, 2006 1:19 PM

I have a P850 and just bought a 2gb Transcend miniSD card with SD convertor. The convertor is a piece of junk, but I had another one from a Kingston card that I was able to use. This card works on my PC and my Cingular 8125 Pocket PC Phone, but I get an error message when I put in in the camera. It says the memory card is incompatable and will not give me the option to format it. Any suggestions?