Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums >

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 17, 2005, 7:03 AM   #11
Senior Member
DGehman's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 319

kashka wrote:
..and your welcome for the blue skys..lol..your maps actually credit Minnedosa for them?? Wouldn't the jet stream get a tad upset when hearing about this..:lol:
Well, not exactly Minnedosa, maybe. About 75% of the time, it's "Canadian Express on its way," with a map and an arrow whose beginning at least covers Manitoba... The other 25%, it's "Arctic Express," starting up in Alaska. "Canadian Express" usually means (winter) last-minute ski trip plans, (fall) last-minute leaf-peeping plans, (summer) rummaging in the closet for the jackets... "Arctic Express" on the other hand usually means you check the furnace and get some more wood for the fireplace.

As for the jet stream... nah. Ocean effect makes it just about completely unpredictable. Accurate long-range weather forecasts around here extend 4 hours into the future at the most, except that every weekend in the summer it will rain. That's how you know it's the weekend.

DGehman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2005, 8:47 AM   #12
Senior Member
kashka's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Minnedosa Manitoba
Posts: 1,159

DGehman wrote:
That's how you know it's the weekend.

LOL..glad to see that axiom is univeral...and as long as we are under that jetstream we are happy campers.
kashka is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:44 AM.