Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Kodak (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/kodak-24/)
-   -   Mama, don't take my kodachrome away (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/kodak-24/mama-dont-take-my-kodachrome-away-146905/)

domang Sep 22, 2008 5:55 AM

Is the rich-hued Kodachrome era fading to black?

bigdawg Sep 22, 2008 9:44 AM

Do you mean...Kodak as a provider of film...or Kodak as a provider of good quality Digital cameras? I left them because they never stepped up to the plate and provided the entrance level DSLR I knew they were capable of.

Dawg

domang Sep 22, 2008 11:49 AM

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:

Do you mean...Kodak as a provider of film...or Kodak as a provider of good quality Digital cameras? I left them because they never stepped up to the plate and provided the entrance level DSLR I knew they were capable of.

Dawg

Hmm...I should have specified that that is a link as it is not obviously so.

It links to an article about Kodachrome, Dawg. According to the article, there is just one place left to process Kodachrome. So little Kodachrome is bought these days that Kodak may stop making it.

bill2468 Sep 23, 2008 2:44 PM

Slide film will be used to stoke the fires to melt down all the slide prjectors that will be turned into bird feeders!:G

BiLL

domang Sep 23, 2008 6:51 PM

bill2468 wrote:
Quote:

Slide film will be used to stoke the fires to melt down all the slide prjectors that will be turned into bird feeders!:G

BiLL
Better disable the carousel. :G

mtclimber Sep 23, 2008 8:44 PM

Kodak's move to the Z-1012 and the Z-1015 was/is very positive. I for one, remain quite positive about Kodak's current and future cameras. Hey, they could even get on the micro 4/3rds bandwagon, and make history.

Sarah Joyce

domang Sep 24, 2008 7:49 AM

Quote:

Kodak's move to the Z-1012 and the Z-1015 was/is very positive.
They both seem to be good cameras. As for the Z1015, I place my faith in Alan T.;)
Seriously, I'm sure he'll provide some good samples from his Z1015.

Quote:

I for one, remain quite positive about Kodak's current and future cameras. Hey, they could even get on the micro 4/3rds bandwagon, and make history.
Kodak is in that 4/3rds consortium. And new sensors were just announced for high-end cameras.

Alan T Sep 24, 2008 10:19 AM

domang wrote:
Quote:

bill2468 wrote:
Quote:

Slide film will be used to stoke the fires to melt down all the slide prjectors that will be turned into bird feeders!:G...
Better disable the carousel. :G
I have thousands (58 x120 = 6960, at least) of 2x2 slides, mostly Ektachrome or similar E6, home-processed by me, stored in Hanimex Rondex 120-slide carousels (Ferris wheels, actually, rather than carousels). I bought a large boxful of empties from a colleague who'd acquired a posher projector, and filled them, before moving to colour neg film when I got my first camcorder for the birth of my now 17-yr old son.

I was well embarked a few years later on the task of refilming slideshows on to Video8 16 years ago, when assorted issues intervened. The quality was poor, but it was fast. When I returned later, my ancient automatic-advance slide projector would no longer advance. But all was not lost; my trusty local camera shop had a second-hand (manual) projectorsuitable for the slide cassettes tucked away on a top shelf among the 'classic cameras', for a trivially small price.

But the transcription task remains unfinished. So there's one slide projector that won't be out in the garden for a while. Maybe in five years' time? Or ten?

Hi-ho!

domang Sep 24, 2008 1:32 PM

Alan,

Don't you have children? Slough the task off on them.