Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Kodak (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/kodak-24/)
-   -   Some Industrials (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/kodak-24/some-industrials-103339/)

dejavudu Oct 9, 2006 1:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Trying something a little differnt. All of the B&W's were shot that way, not converted.

Comments/critiques welcome.

Tracy

dejavudu Oct 9, 2006 1:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)

dejavudu Oct 9, 2006 1:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Sorry if these double.

I attatched, but they are not showing as of this posting.

dejavudu Oct 9, 2006 1:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)

inneyeseakay Oct 10, 2006 9:25 AM

I like them, but why shoot in B/W... Pictures can always be converted later to B/W, but never back to color? Are there any perks to shooting B/W to start off with?

Red Royalty Oct 10, 2006 11:38 AM

yeah me:cool:

Boily Oct 10, 2006 11:51 AM

:cool:Great idea, I love the concept, great pictures !!

dejavudu Oct 10, 2006 12:14 PM

inneyeseakay wrote:
Quote:

I like them, but why shoot in B/W... Pictures can always be converted later to B/W, but never back to color? Are there any perks to shooting B/W to start off with?

For me there are several reasons. First, when I am looking at an image thru the EVF, you start looking at very different things when looking at a a B&W image. I think sometimes we tend to pay more attention to the color, than to the composition of the photo. And, as you can see- this was not a "pretty subject" to begin with.

2nd- If B&W is what I'm going for, that's what I shoot in. You will see some people take a crappy color pic, then convert to B&W- thinking that will make there pic better.

Big no-no.

If I want a B&W photo, that's what I shoot in.

Thanks everyone.

Tracy

bigdawg Oct 10, 2006 1:03 PM

I'll keep my crappy pics to myself from now own!! LOLOL Really think the added steam and tower?? Give the second and third ones better composition. What do you think! Like the concept and would love doing some myself but can't leave the house..other than work... to det some of those. Decater Alabama is full of industrial towers and such but some of the companies really frown on someone shooting photos of their facilities!

Think I'll try that though..Sheesh!! What's the worst they can do??? Oh yeah the arrest thing!! Still it may be worth the risk...I'll just stay clear of Browns Ferry Nuclear plant!! LOL

Dawg

dejavudu Oct 10, 2006 3:43 PM

Well Dawg- I didnt say your photos were crappy. I just said SOME people think they can save a bad photo by coverting to B&W- wasnt even referring to anyone on this board :)

And as far as the whole arrest thing...well my friend they've gotta catch you first!

Tracy

bigdawg Oct 10, 2006 8:32 PM

You should have felt my elbow tapping your ribs and noticed my tongue firmly planted in my cheek! LOLOL I save most of my crappy ones to bedevil the wife with...."See dear the ole DX just can't cut it anymore!!" LOL

Dawg