Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Kodak (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/kodak-24/)
-   -   Soon to be wife (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/kodak-24/soon-wife-124559/)

TD Cole Jun 27, 2007 3:20 PM

Hi all just thought I would let some of my friends here know that I'm getting married in August to a very wonderful lady and her name is Dawn and she is definitely the love of my life..
Added a lil soft filter in ps.
Thanks for looking.
Tim
http://i15.tinypic.com/63wuovp.jpg

andy74 Jun 28, 2007 7:56 AM

Shes a pretty lady Wagaboo and August is not to far away now and so I am wishing the two of you lots of happy and enjoyable years together. My wife and I are soon to be fifty years together and it seems to have went by to fast. Enjoy it all. andy74

bigdawg Jun 28, 2007 6:07 PM

Glad you've found someone special Wag....Now go to the kitchen and bake a turkey the special way...She'll love it...LOL All seriousness my friend. Good luck and good health to the both of you.

Dawg

TD Cole Jun 28, 2007 6:12 PM

Thanks alot fellas....well Dawg, Dunno what to say but when yer right....yer right...lmao

Bob Mevis Jun 28, 2007 6:17 PM

Congrats Wag! Glad to hear things are working out for you. I wish you two the best of luck.

Bob

bigdawg Jun 28, 2007 7:22 PM

Bob Mevis wrote:
Quote:

Congrats Wag! Glad to hear things are working out for you. I wish you two the best of luck.

Bob
What no comment on the turkey basting, Bob???

Dawg

Bob Mevis Jun 29, 2007 6:48 AM

Oh Yes!!! Don't forget the turkey basting, Tim. LOL

Bob

TD Cole Jun 29, 2007 11:01 AM

Oh my god , now that Bob's back Im really gonna get it...lol

dr_spock Jun 29, 2007 3:30 PM

Congrats. Are you going to shoot your own wedding?

dan279 Jun 29, 2007 5:26 PM

Congrats, Wag...good to see the old gang talkin turkey:lol:

Dan

bigdawg Jun 29, 2007 8:45 PM

dan279 wrote:
Quote:

Congrats, Wag...good to see the old gang talkin turkey:lol:

Dan

I'm just glad the gang is all here.

Dawg

TD Cole Jun 29, 2007 9:56 PM

Kinda like the old days huh...don't make me baste a turkey now or make you all some viewer pieces now....lol
You guys can always cheer me up even when I dont need it :cool::cool::cool::cool:
When's Tonto gonna post some pics??? we gotta pick on Bob now !!! And hey Dawg??? My gal is just a lil tiny girl as well gonna have to call her mini-wag....lol

bigdawg Jun 30, 2007 1:07 PM

wagaboo wrote:
Quote:

Kinda like the old days huh...don't make me baste a turkey now or make you all some viewer pieces now....lol
You guys can always cheer me up even when I dont need it :cool::cool::cool::cool:
When's Tonto gonna post some pics??? we gotta pick on Bob now !!! And hey Dawg??? My gal is just a lil tiny girl as well gonna have to call her mini-wag....lol
There has to be some redeeming qualities to all of us or we couldn't have remained friends for all these years. Take this the right way guys...I love every one of you! Wag, Mini-Wag sounds good to me...God love the little women of the world for one of them has kept me semi-sane for over 41 years now.

Dawg

Bob Mevis Jun 30, 2007 3:31 PM

Hey Hey, the gangs all here!

It's been a long time since we have all been together, here. We need to do this more often.

I think I'll go out on a photo safari tomorrow and hopefully I'll have some pics to post. Gotta take the new camera out for a spin.

Tonto

TD Cole Jun 30, 2007 4:27 PM

yup, sure feels good everybody's here...what cam did you get yourself Bob??
And Dawg, I hear ya. my lil lady has certainly brought the best out in me that I have not seen in years cuz it was kinda buried there somewhere and I guess it just takes the love of a good woman to realize who we are sometimes. I was a Grizzly bear but now Im a teddy she says...lol

Bob Mevis Jun 30, 2007 5:28 PM

I'm glad that your so happy now, Tim. I sorta lost my head for awhile when I went thru my divorce. Like you, I met my soulmate and things look pretty darn good for a change. It makes a big differance when your with the right woman.

I bought a Nikon D70s. I really like it. I'm finally figuring out all the dials and buttons, LOL.

Bob

bigdawg Jun 30, 2007 7:08 PM

You guys just need to remember to go to the easysharers forum every now and then. That has become more my home lately. It ain't hard to find...unless it is down for repairs as it is tonight...Just type in easysharers.com and visit me when you feel up to it.

PS I'll post a photo of the family when I get home.

Dawg

TD Cole Jun 30, 2007 10:38 PM

Bob::.. It certainly does make a difference does it not and I finally do understand the word "soulmate" and I am really happy for you that things have worked out cuz as some of us know, divorce is never an easy experience to live through BUT we got through it didnt we :)
Dawg::.. gonna make a point of being there as well gonna start posting real soon...
Thanks guys :D

PS. Bob, Im gettin' jealous...gonna make a decision real soon on my dslr.

bigdawg Jul 1, 2007 1:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
wagaboo wrote:
Quote:

PS. Bob, Im gettin' jealous...gonna make a decision real soon on my dslr.
A few things to consider when you are making a choice on a DSLR Wag...I decided on a Pentax for several reasons...
1. they are built like no other...Solid steel construction and totally water proof. You can feel the difference when you pick one up...Like picking up a craftsman tool then a Snap-on tool...They feel different in the heft and the balance...That is the difference in feel between a Canon or Nikon and a Pentax.
2. The Pentax color is a very close match to the Kodak color...Nikons is a tad smeary and Canons is too blue for me.
3. the Anti-Shake in a pentax is built into the camera...Nikon and Cannon's is in the lenses. You can use any lens ever made for a Pentax with the Pentax DSLR's and they will have Anti-Shake . I've bought over twenty lenses now on Ebay to use on my K10D and spent less than $200 dollars in the process. They all work really well and all have anti-shake. You cannot do this with a Cannon or Nikon.
4. the K100D is swiftly decreasing in price since the K10D has come out and you can find deals on them all the time now...Not much more than a Kodak P712.
5. the K10D I have has already taken over 13,000 photos since I bought it in the first of March and no problems at all so far. It is so much faster than any Kodak you have ever used that you will be wondering why you didn't buy it in the first place.
6. they usually come with a 18-55mm lens that is a very sweet shooter. Does excellent photos and is almost a freebie when you get the camera Kit. (Thus the term Kit lens.)

Here is a macro taken with the Kit lens and Pentax K10D.

Dawg

bigdawg Jul 1, 2007 1:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And a couple of Landscapes.

bigdawg Jul 1, 2007 1:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)

TD Cole Jul 1, 2007 10:36 AM

Very impressive Dawg, I am really gonna have to consider that cam for sure.
PS::.. easysharers.com seems to be down alot...hosting problems?

bigdawg Jul 1, 2007 11:52 AM

wagaboo wrote:
Quote:

Very impressive Dawg, I am really gonna have to consider that cam for sure.
PS::.. easysharers.com seems to be down alot...hosting problems?
Since it is a free hosted web site it has a few more problems than here but when it is up it actually functions much better than Steves when posting..Not as many delays and very little double posts. I have more problems logging in here than there. For some reason(Hackers maybe) it goes out at least once a month or so for a day. The thing is it is a live and viable web site where as this Kodak forum has nearly dried up. Andy, you, and I have been the biggest posters here. There it has 60 or 80 posters daily. Lot livelier.

Please do consider the Pentax...I am totally in love with my K10D. Nicest one I've tried so far.

Dawg