Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Kodak (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/kodak-24/)
-   -   Why Kodak? (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/kodak-24/why-kodak-113440/)

dr_spock Feb 3, 2007 4:23 PM

I voted for price. I have a C310 and a DX3215. EasyShare is pretty easy to use too.

flippedgazelle Feb 3, 2007 6:07 PM

Like bigdawg, I voted for lens. I am impressed with the sharpness of the Kodak C875's photos. I also wanted to experience "Kodak Color". Finally, I really like the fact that I bought with C875 for $126 after a price-match and rebate, and got a free 512mb sd card in the bargain.

mtclimber Feb 3, 2007 7:20 PM

Chris-

You got a great deal, Chris.

MT/Sarah

inneyeseakay Feb 4, 2007 6:00 AM

I boughtall three ofmy Kodak's (CX7530, P850, P880)due to price and features, but more so price. When I bought the CX7530, I knew nothing about photography... much the same when I bought the P850... I just wanted me zoom. After buying the P850, I started to get into the photography game and quickly learned everything I could, I upgraded to the P880 for the wide angle, resolution, pc sync and becauseit was as close as I could get to a dSLR with the price range I had in mind. I loved all my cameras, but as I learned more, ran into more challenging shooting situations, and bought a Canon ELAN (35mmSLR)I started to long for a dSLR so I posted my P880 and accessories for sale, hoping to get me what I needed to buy a dSLR. After the for sale ad was up for about 3 weeks, a guy called and talked to me about the camera for about 30 minutes and then said he would think about it. He asked why I was selling it and I informed him that the time had come to upgrade and he told me that he had recently bought a Pentax istDL, but it was much too advanced for him. I discussed photography a little while and he told me he would see what he could do and get back to me. When I got home that night I had an email asking if I would like to trade my p880 for his istDL. Of course I took the trade and the LBA began. I am now a proud owner of two Pentax digital SLR's and a rather wide collection of lenses, but just recently gave my brother my old trusty CX7530.

If it weren't for that guy offering me to trade, I would probably still be shooting Kodak, but for the price, the customer support and the fact that I never had a problem with them... Kodaks are hard to beat.

FaciaBrut Feb 4, 2007 6:32 AM

When I bought the P850 the decison was based on Raw format capability so my vote was for Features. I wanted a very flexible budget priced camera I could slam around while I practiced my little niche of real estate digital photography and post processing. I just wish it had been sharper. My co-worker recently bought a Sony DSC-H2 and the pictures it produces simply blow away anything coming out of the P850. But it doesn't support Raw.

mtclimber Feb 4, 2007 10:31 AM

FB-

You are so correct. Shooting RAW is one of the areas in which DSLR cameras have really come into their own. By shooting RAW and using a software program like Adobe's Lightroom, you can essentially "re-take" the photo all over again, by using your computer skills, and that, FB, is an area where you are a real expert.

MT/Sarah

Diggy415 Feb 4, 2007 1:06 PM

I have the z650 and im trying to get fine detail out of it but it always gives me this red light flashing even as a part way hit the shutter button, i thought it would be easier than this seeing how alot of the features repeat them selves.( night time, close up) could be me too and what im trying to capture. I don't like the slow turn on and the fact i can't shoot one after another. Should of done more research in Kodak before i bought this 200.00 P.O.C.

mtclimber Feb 4, 2007 3:38 PM

diggy-

The Kodak Z650 is a good camera and quite capable. No, it does not have some of the features found on more expensive cameras, but it does offer a great deal of value and features.

Is there something we can specifically help you with in your photos? We have a good deal of talent in this forum and perhaps we can help you.

MT/Sarah

Diggy415 Feb 4, 2007 3:47 PM

Yes there is. I want top be able to perfect one situation at a time. For now i am trying to perfect the close up shots. I don't know how small of a subject the camera can shoot, but i was trying to get the right settings for the snail egg sacks, since the eggs are white at a certain time, i am looking to bring them out with more detail than i have been able to get. What other subject,small,. is a good thing to start with? An ant? Whats the best setting for this type of small detail work?

scrappynik Feb 4, 2007 9:52 PM

I voted for features since there's more than one reason I prefer Kodaks. The P850 is actually my 4th Kodak digital camera. I still have (and use) my DX7630. The other two were sold long ago. :-)