Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Kodak Pro dSLR

Old Nov 8, 2007, 12:48 PM   #1

Hello folks!

Really is commendable to buy a used 14n (The seller says...ONLY...! 40,000 shutter cliks???!) He ask around $:750.00,

As till today NO Nikon glasses...at minimum one lens I will need...right...exist the possibility to buy same Tamron lens that I acquired for my Pentax DSLR K10D but "Super" one for Nikon AF mount 28-200mm, for near $:80.00 with the originally "Flower Shape" lens hood; or/and a Nikon 24-120mm VR for much more, but also used so less that brand new selling price...which will provide me with more wide angle focal length & less telephoto length + what I really need "Stabilization" of the image...during snapping.

Your cute + erudite advices will be very heart fully gratefully:P

Peace,

Alex 007:|
Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 8, 2007, 1:56 PM   #2
Administrator

Alex:

At the risk of offending Kodak 14n shooters, I wouldn't buy one just for the wide angle since you already have good cameras, especially since it's lens mount is different than what you're already shooting with.

It's more useful as a studio camera or one you intend to use only in very good light due to ISO speed limitations of it's sensor. It's not exactly a fast camera either.

Make sure to read Steve's review conclusion section:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2003_...ro14n_pg6.html

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2007, 3:02 PM   #3

Hello Jim,

Thanks a lot for your always erudite responses to me!

I was only checking the opening, because the FF issue!:?

You are right..for mailing 99% of my photos, really don't need a FF sensor for that.

Thanks a lot,

peace,

Alex 007:|
Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2007, 8:00 PM   #4

Kodak made two in that series, the original 14n and the later SLR/n. I would go for the SLR/n if given a choice, but...

Now we have the Nikon D3 and other models to follow that are now full frame. Yes, I know, not for $750, but I really do think the new Nikons would be a better investment than in either Kodak (and I own, and love, my SLR/n).
amazingthailand is offline   Reply With Quote