Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Kodak Pro dSLR

Old Oct 25, 2004, 3:21 PM   #1

Hello there, this is my first post on this forum (I can normally be found on the other Kodak forum here)

Today I popped into a local camera shop and ended up buying a bit of an antique, in the form of a DCS 410 (Nikon N90s) for the princely sum of £100 including a Velbon tripod and a basic (slowish) 35-80 AF Nikon lens.

I have charged it up and fired off a few shots, but my problem is getting the camera and computer (Widows XP Pro) to talk to each other.

I have installed both Windows disks into the PC, but I cannot find the camera when connected.
Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance.

All the best - Paul.
Cold Snail is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 30, 2004, 1:30 AM   #2
Administrator

Being that the camera is so old I doubt there are any drivers to get it to talk to a current computer. Best bet is to get a card reader with a PCMCIA slot on it - and these are also getting kind of old too. You'd probably be best off using a CF card in a PCMCIA adapter in the camera and then reading the CF card with any modern USB CF card reader.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2004, 2:43 PM   #3

Thanks Steve.

I managed to get it to work with the PCMCIA adapter and have been quite impressed with the results.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ail/tester.jpg

Now all I have to do is wait for another memory card to arrive, as I killed the first one.

Many thanks.

Paul.
Cold Snail is offline   Reply With Quote