Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Kodak Pro dSLR

Old Dec 11, 2002, 6:48 PM   #1
Administrator

Default Pro 14n Shipping a Month Late

Jan 14 update:

In case you haven't seen the News page yet -- Kodak has delayed the initial ship date for the Pro 14n again, this time it is "mid-February" - and there are some pre-production sample images posted but ... they are quite poor and suffer from some kind of over-processing (in my opinion). I'm very surprised to see any manufacturer posting pre-production images, it just isn't done. That's what you use us third-party web sites for -- so you can shift the blame when necessary.

Read all about it here:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/diginews.html#pro14n

The forums over at DP Review have already been smoking today with very negative comments about these images. I think Kodak would have been better served had they waited until PMA 2003 to announce the Pro 14n with a Q3 2003 release date.

-Steve
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 24, 2002, 12:39 AM   #2

Hi Steve,
It seems were getting closer to the release date of the new Kodak Pro 14n, Iíve had my order in since Oct 9 th. I havenít heard any good, or bad news about the camera.

Kodak said they would post some pictures by the end of December but I havenít seen anything yet. Iím getting cold feet about my order, Iím hoping Iím buying the right camera.

Iím hoping they will release the camera to you for a first evaluation before itís released to the public at large. I presently own a Fuji S2 Pro and Iím hoping the Kodak will be a much better all around camera with fewer limitations and a superior image. It would be nice to have a non bias opinion before I plop down my hard earned bucks.

Could you express any opinion on up grading to the Kodak ?

Thanks,
Marc
Marc Furth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2002, 12:41 AM   #3
Administrator

I won't even venture a guess until I have had one in my hands and had a chance to see the images that it makes. However, I really doubt that given Kodak Pro's reputation and experience that it would be anything other than their next flagship dSLR.

-Steve
Old Jan 13, 2003, 10:24 AM   #4

Donít hold your breath, I talked to Ritz this morning and the sales person told me that the date has change once again to February 1 ?

Marc
Old Jan 14, 2003, 1:19 PM   #5

patients is a virtue isn't it?

this could be a bad marketing issue for Kodak. that puts its release a month before the supposed showing of the new nikon Fxx fantasy camera. this may cause certain individuals to re evaluate and hold to see what the competition come up with at the March show.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2003, 12:39 AM   #6

I think your right, Iíve been sitting on the fence wondering if Iíll end up buying another camera model. I make custom underwater camera housing and was hoping the Kodak camera would perform better than my Fuji S2 Pro. I have not been to happy with the Lens factor of 1.5 on my lens. This is the first time Iíve heard that there is a new Nikon on the horizon, do you have any information on what it might offer ?

Marc
Old Jan 15, 2003, 7:31 AM   #7

no solid info. i was just told by a "friend" for 25yrs at B&H to pull back on the reigns a little before i jump in and wait for nikons offering at the march photo show. he said it may put some pressure on the competition. whats another 2 months to wait?

estimations?

definately cmos. the ccd days are finished. other than that its a mystery of the pacific at the moment. i have no doubt leaks will appear shortly at strategic moments to get us and keep us interested.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2003, 5:16 PM   #8

Interesting thread

I must be missing something...

The KODAK 14N images (the largest) are breathtakingly
lifelike and incredibly clear.

They form fit to my PaintShipPro 7 window at 1:8!!!

When I magnify the image to 1:1, the detail
clarity and subtle color variations are unbelievable!

You can actually see individual pores on the model's
skin and the skin has different tones...you can even
see the peach fuzz in silouette on the blonde model
on the right.

Two cents
digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2003, 9:23 PM   #9

You right, The only thing missing here is the camera.

Marc
Old Jan 15, 2003, 10:10 PM   #10
Administrator

I'd definitely say it is worth the wait to see what shows up in March at PMA 2003. That's all I can say for now :roll:

-Steve