Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Kodak Pro dSLR

Old Mar 24, 2003, 12:29 AM   #1
Administrator

Default Imaging Resource Posts Pro 14n review

Dave at Imaging Resource has posted his Pro 14n review:

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/14N/14NA.HTM

Conclusion - ouch !

Before you ask -- my review is in progress but I'm afraid that my feelings about it are much like Dave's. Needs a lot of work.

-Steve
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 27, 2003, 2:08 PM   #2

thats what i'm hearing. i am more than surprised and disappointed at this turn of events. it's not in bik K's character to attempt to market a prototype product. this has put a different spin on my plans. such is life.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2003, 7:38 PM   #3

personally i keep seeing the same type of shot over and over again. iso 80 and in a studio. i have basically now been convinced by kodak that this instrument is a "one trick pony". the photos are beautiful but there is no versatility demonstrated by kodak with this camera. i wanted a camera that worked well in a variety of situations. this now seems highly limited. the detail cannot be denied the color rendering is excellent but it seems to trip on itself in the iso range/noise area. i would have accepted the slow frame rate. i have no problem with the power consumption (my D7Hi is no sipper of power)had two additional batteries on order with the body. versatility is the key and the key seems to be lost right now. i hope that kodak can remove some of the barriers this camera seems to have built in. i will cancel and revisit this issue in about 6 months.

i believe your review is as accurate as it is disappointing. i am truely sad for big K. try again with version 2.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote