Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Sep 4, 2006, 9:48 PM   #1

I'm getting one of these tomorrow most likely.... any input on this new camera yet?
LSUsportsfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 4, 2006, 10:06 PM   #2

I'm heard some good things about. I'm probably gonna get one for Christmas, as well. Some people over at the dpreview forum like them. There's onyl a couple that have them. do a search over on the Kodak forum there. And look at the threads.

Flying fossil on this board seems to like also. Look a few pages back for a few of his pictures. I hope you enjoy your new P712! Remember to have an open mind, and, to ask questions!
En121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2006, 11:21 PM   #3

I would recommend it enthusiastically if you didn't already own a P850. I can't honestly say it will perform significantly better than what you already own. I own a P850 and it looks like I'm going to continue to happily use it for another year, than make the step up to a DSLR.
FaciaBrut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2006, 5:28 AM   #4

well i expose the p712 will be more or less like the p850 its exactly the same design exept a few minor changes and a megapixel upgrade.
Red Royalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2006, 11:57 AM   #5

Looks like a great camera to me ...but it has a long learning curve because of the advanced features! Have patience and ask Lots of questions. Learn by doing and practising One step at a time!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2006, 3:26 PM   #6

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
Looks like a great camera to me ...but it has a long learning curve because of the advanced features! Have patience and ask Lots of questions. Learn by doing and practising One step at a time!

Dawg
Great advice Dawg. I would add for the original poster that shoot with your new camera as much as possible, do experiments yourself, post them to forums, there are good folks who are ready to help. Learn from your mistakes. Read manual time to time to use your camera correctly. This forum is great.

Atindra

Atindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2006, 4:54 PM   #7

Greetings all,

For details around this camera you can go to

http://www.kodak.com/go/p712

When I used it, I thought it to be one of the fastest Kodak cameras yet. Very nice. Click to capture is only .07 seconds.The Shot to Shot is only 1 second. You might want to compare these numbers with other cameras as they are quite good.

It also has a hot shoe for the P20 if you want to use it. This is a feature that I use often including daylight shots for fill in, etc. I also use it for nature shots that might be in range. Gives me more control, especially with moving subjects, i.e. insects, birds etc. The speed of the camera is a plus in that situation as well.

This new camera has a 12X optical zoom with stabilization that is pretty good. With the flash and the stabilizer, my images are much better than before. At least that is what I was told by my Daughter.

Talk to you soon,

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company
Ronbaird is offline   Reply With Quote