Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Sep 5, 2006, 7:47 PM   #21

Illogical? I'm pretty sure Kodak wanted to keep the price down for there P880. so, after giving it a 8mp sensor, and 24mm wide angle lens, and manual zoom and focus rings and all of the other advanced features. 12x zoom would make it cost way more.

" I am sure she has fun switching from ISO100 to 200, as going to 400 with it
creates too much noise."

Let try to explain something to you... ITS A CONSUMER P&S CAMERA! Not a digtal SLR, if that's what you're comparing it too.. .-.- Sure, pictures might be noisy at ISO 400, but, that's to be exspected. Fujifilm has their great sensors that keep the noise lower than the others. But, that's fuji. This is Kodak. Kodak would have had to put a big sensor in there C340 if they wanted noise free images at ISO 400. But, again, that would cost more. Also, a camera like the C340 is not meant for high ISO shots.

Ok, you don't wanna use ISO 800 on the P850? Fine. I probably wouldn't either. Because, its a small sensor camera. If you want almost noise free images at ISO 800, get a DSLR. But heck, there's really no noise free images at ISO 800, even with a DSLR. If you exspect that, boy, you must live in a dream world.

Also, I would like to know if you have used the P850. I'm also doubting you have any real photographic knoledge.... -.-

I think you came here, based on the specs of the P850, and bashed it. Have you seen any of the images taken by the P850 users here? I seriously doubt you have. Some of them are fantastic. Check out some of Boily's pictures. They are great. And he uses a P850. After all, doesn't it come down to image quality? I guess you don't know that. You're too ignorrant and immature to know that.

I agree with Morag, please come back with an open mind, and, when you know what you're talking about. One more thing, your review was so terrible and one-sided, I realy could care less about it.

En121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2006, 7:49 PM   #22

ISO 800 with just 1.2 MP is quite logical (this is not addressed to OP because anything I write here will not make any sense for him but is for our other forum members).

Because ISO800 is going to be noisy with most P&S or bridge cams, even if you shoot ISO800 you would tend to reduce the size to just printable 4X6 on most of the cams. I guess 1.2 MP with ISO 800 would allow camera to handle noise better. I know its not great but atleast Kodak doesnt leave a cumbersome job of noise reduction on us rather it reduces the size and noise itself. However people would like to have control over it too. This can only be cured by a relatively less noisy sensor as Fujis have.

Atindra
Atindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2006, 7:55 PM   #23

Yeah. I vote for Kodak to develop a sensor similar to Fuji's. XD That would be great. Then we could have Kodak ease of use, great color, advanced features, etc. And some good ISO 400 shots. And usuable ISO 800! XDD
Old Sep 5, 2006, 8:49 PM   #24

Well in addition to being much much more knowledgeabe than any of us kodak lovers, he also an expert on almost all cameras.
His wisdom and logic are well above reproach and he doesn't mind sharing this with us.
How lucky can we be.

Has he heard of using the date stamp? :lol:
Flying Fossil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2006, 9:34 PM   #25

En...I wrote that about the wife and her C340..and you used it or missunderstood what I was saying! Just thought I'd bring that up!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2006, 10:21 PM   #26

Dawg, you confused me, not sure who you're correcting...

On another note... I bet your wife's shots are a whole lot better than this guy with his camera review (I use review in the loosest sense of the word)
Morag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2006, 10:23 PM   #27

In every enthusiasts forum there is always some schmuck who compulsively jumps in and begins posting inflammatory and contradictory remarks. Eventually the Admins catch up with him and bounce him. I see that coming soon for this guy. It's usually most productive to ignore this type as they have short attention spans, soon get bored and move on.
FaciaBrut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2006, 10:24 PM   #28

Oops. Sorry dawg. I was trying to talk to that other guy. Sorry. I'll correct that in a second. ^^;;

Edit: fixed. again, sorry! XDD
Old Sep 5, 2006, 10:33 PM   #29

Original poster is a confuser so be careful to quote his/her irrational messages.

Atindra
Atindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2006, 11:53 PM   #30

A little input from the other side. I have watched this thread from it's origin. When i first read it I was a bit dismayed, I thought How dare some one step on my toy. but as i continued to read his lines the essence of what this person was realy saying came to bare. Remember that the person that has to reach up and attempt to pull others down to his level, and then attempt to lower them, only to elevate himself. is realy the lowlyest person. Im not going to try to attest to the mental abilities of this person, as i feel that he has shown us all this level.
But what i will attest to is the regular members of this forum. as all of you are aware i am a P850 user. And to me as a novice when it was purchased it was intimidating to me. with all of its buttons and settings. But to those of us with the prouse, intimidation leads to learning, and learning once seated in us becomes knowledge. and knowledge my friends is the most powerfull tools, or weapon we can utilize.
Every day i revel in the antisipation of comming here to this forum partaking of the information and turning it into the knowledge that i desire. Using it to fill the holes in the path that i have chosen in this hobby, knowing that as my path is filled and smooth that it will lead me to level that i strive to be at. Anticipation is the fuel that drives us foward to fill those gaps in each of our personal paths.
From the first time i came here and began to read, untill now i have never seen a regular member of this forum post any comment that was intended to belittle some one, or make fun of them or put down there pictures or equipment. Quite the opposite, everyone here has posted only encouragement, and offered advise to the best of their knowledge with the intent only to help someone do better and to enjoy what we are doing even more.
So the the person that started this post i would say to you. If these things are what you realy desire in you heart, then lay aside you hate, lower your pride and ask and you too will receive the enrichment of the knowledge that is here.
And if these things are beyond your capabilities then there is only one thing that i can say to you, being a bully is not the way to truth. A bully is like a baloon, One good pop and they go away, so i say this in the terms that i feel you can understand, PUT A SOCK IN IT.

thanks for letting my ramble on

AY
aytheon is offline   Reply With Quote