Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Sep 6, 2006, 4:57 PM   #11

Ok guys.... I don't even think I'll be getting my camera anymore. No P712, no P850, no Z612, ntohing. Instead... we have Nikon lenses, for our old Nikon SLR. So, my mom suggested we could just get the D50 as a family camera that I could use. Instead of getting a little camera for myself.

I love the idea of using a D50... I've seen great shots with it, and, we have lenses that should fit it. So, it just makes sense. I'm sorry guys.....

Heh, we might get the D50 pretty soon. I mean, I would much prefer a DSLR over a little camera like the P712. But, I won't compare them. Because, that's not fair. Sorry for going "DSLR" on you guys.

Could I still post some of my pictures with the D50 when we get it?

I would just like to say... you guys are great... you guys have toughgt me about Aperture, how the camera works, what settings to use, etc. All sorts of stuff. I've learned so much more about Photograhy over the last couple months. Thank you all so much.

Again, sorry for going "DSLR" on you guys. But, honestly, I think I'm going to enjoy it. XDD

Cheers.

-En121
En121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2006, 5:06 PM   #12

Hi Atindra,

The file options for the camera are:

fine JPEG, standard JPEG, basic JPEG, RAW***, TIFF

Personally I like the speed of the camera. It has a Click to Capture of .07 seconds and a shot to shot of only 1.0 second. Pretty impressive speed.

12X zoom and optical stabilization is good too.

For me I love the P20 flash and the control it gives me in my images.

Talk to you soon,

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company

Ronbaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2006, 5:13 PM   #13

En121 wrote:
Quote:
Ok guys.... I don't even think I'll be getting my camera anymore. No P712, no P850, no Z612, ntohing. Instead... we have Nikon lenses, for our old Nikon SLR. So, my mom suggested we could just get the D50 as a family camera that I could use. Instead of getting a little camera for myself.

I love the idea of using a D50... I've seen great shots with it, and, we have lenses that should fit it. So, it just makes sense. I'm sorry guys.....

Heh, we might get the D50 pretty soon. I mean, I would much prefer a DSLR over a little camera like the P712. But, I won't compare them. Because, that's not fair. Sorry for going "DSLR" on you guys.

Could I still post some of my pictures with the D50 when we get it?

I would just like to say... you guys are great... you guys have toughgt me about Aperture, how the camera works, what settings to use, etc. All sorts of stuff. I've learned so much more about Photograhy over the last couple months. Thank you all so much.

Again, sorry for going "DSLR" on you guys. But, honestly, I think I'm going to enjoy it. XDD

Cheers.

-En121
Thats Ok, but you should maybe go to http://www.tamron.com/lenses/learnin..._schneider.asp

It says that if you have a wide angle lens for your 35mm SLR, it can cause distortion or something at the edges. I can't remember the word..LOL:-) You should definately read this article before buying that D50. Also do a google search and see what comes up......:-)

Tell me how it goes.....

shooting_rubber.
shooting_rubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2006, 5:40 PM   #14

We have a 28mm-80mm lens for our Nikon SLR... its no super wide angle. but, its probably worth a shot. XD We also have a 70mm-300mm lens... hehe.

Its not completely defenate yet. I still might get my camera. I don't really know yet...

But hey, thanks for the link. It was interesting. I'll have to read it all... maybe. I still might get my new camera. And, I want the P712. :3
Old Sep 6, 2006, 6:45 PM   #15

Yes I think the Kodak P850, P712 or the Z612 is your best bet..........

shooting_rubber.
shooting_rubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2006, 11:20 PM   #16

Ronbaird wrote:
Quote:
Hi Atindra,

The file options for the camera are:

fine JPEG, standard JPEG, basic JPEG, RAW***, TIFF

thanks Ron but I was talking about Z612 compared to P712.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I am planing to go for P712 regardless the reviews.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Atindra
Atindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2006, 7:21 AM   #17

En,

One thing to consider is size/bulk. If you're not willing to carry the camera with you then you can't get the shots.
domang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2006, 7:24 AM   #18

As Steve panned the quality of outdoor images so another reviewer spoke of vignetting. I'm not seeing either problem in pics from owners. Could be some teething problems or that some cams have not survived shipping.
domang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2006, 8:49 AM   #19

People need to stop taking these reviews as absolute truth. Get back to the basics... Find several cameras in the price and features class you are interested in. Try and handle them a bit if you are lucky enough to live near a local store that carries them. If you purchase one, try it for a week and if you are disapointed in the performance, simply take it or send it back.

en121.... If I was in your shoes, I would let the family buy the D50 for sure. Use it for a while and maybe later you'll move up/ trade up to a better camera body. Jeez, I started as a teenager with a used, almost antique camera bought in a pawn shop! Don't listen to anyone who would make you doubt your decision because of some hyper-critical comment made by a reviewer.

Just get the camera and start taking photos. "If you wait until all the lights are green before going downtown, you'll never leave the house!"

FaciaBrut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2006, 11:09 AM   #20

Thanks FaciaBurst. Its still not certain. And, I don't really care for Steve's review anymore. ;D

But, I mean, you can't argue with sample pictures. And, the ones he gave were pretty noisy in the blues. At ISO 64...

But, either way...I still don't know. We might get the D50, I might get the Z612, I might get the P712.. XD

Anyways, I'm still starting to like the Z612. Its at really good price. So, I'm still not 100% sure. ;D