Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Sep 7, 2006, 12:24 AM   #1

There has been more than a little discussion today about the Z-612 and P-712 due to Steve's P-712 review that was released today (09/05). So I thought I would share a photo taken this evening of my grand daughter with my new Z-612.

I received the Z-612 this afternoon and had some batteries charged and ready. I still have not opened the documentation as yet, but I was able to start taking photos immediately. This one of the first photos I took. I found the camera very easy to use and pleasingly sharp in the focus department.This was taken using the Z-612's built-in flash.

I am certainly a happy camper, and feel that this is an impressive digital camera.

MT/Sarah
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 7, 2006, 12:57 AM   #2

Looka nice! But, try saving your pictures as 100% jpegs. Anyway, I'm seriously looking into the Z612 now. Steves review made me think twice. But, his Z612 review was great.
So, I'm really thinking about this one. Looking forward to more of your feedback and pictures!!! ^_^
En121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2006, 1:16 AM   #3

Lovely shot Sarah. Very nice.
I would like to ask a question.
Why did the back edge of the table and bowl come out with a jagged look?
aytheon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2006, 1:23 AM   #4

I think I have the answer to that... Its probably because she didn't save it as a 100% quality JPEG. If you want best quality pictures, its incredibly important to save as 100% JPEG. Unless you want a jagged low quality look to your images.
Quote:
Lovely shot Sarah. Very nice.
I would like to ask a question.
Why did the back edge of the table and bowl come out with a jagged look?
Old Sep 7, 2006, 7:11 AM   #5

Nice, Sarah.

The pics people have posted from the Z612 have looked good from the start. But so have the pics from the P712. Steve's look like he got a camera with a lens just a tad out of focus. As they say, time will tell.
domang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2006, 8:24 AM   #6

MT, I'm curious. With all the fine cameras you own (mentioned in older posts on this forum), WHY would you purchase a Z612? Just to test and report on the performance? To use in your instructional classes?
FaciaBrut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2006, 8:49 AM   #7

ay-

When (as en121has mentioned) you reduce the file size for posting the resolution of the photo falls dramatically and it will show some artefacts.

faciabrut-

I try to have examples of the latest cameras available for use by the students, both for P&S workshops and for the DSLR workshops. I also like to have a very current Kodak model to post samples from on the Kodak Forum.

To all-

Thanks for the nice compliments. I am pleased with the Z-612. And I think that the P-712 is probably better than Steve's review seems to indicate.

We are flying today for Europe and I will not be posting for about two weeks.

Sarah
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2006, 10:37 AM   #8

Very sharp and well focused, enjoy your new toy
Boily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2006, 10:59 AM   #9

"ay-

When (as en121has mentioned) you reduce the file size for posting the resolution of the photo falls dramatically and it will show some artefacts.

faciabrut-"

Yeah... I thought that happened when you don't save as 100 quality JPEG... But, I guess not.

It kinda depends on the shot, though. I wouldn't really go lower than 800x600 when starting at 6mp resolution. O.o