Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Sep 9, 2006, 7:06 PM   #1

Well...As a new number of the forum, I like to wish all of the best to everyone. I do need some help to find out, how can I pass the horrid Kodak software installation on my IbM and make the computer recognize the EasyShare C360 without the software. I did try everything to load only the neccessery driver but wihout any success...
So, if anyone have any suggestion-help- what i can us it, please let me knoww!
The Puppetmaker
puppetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 10, 2006, 12:52 AM   #2

Use Picasa, by google. Its free, organizes pictures great, as well as basic to intermiediate editing, and most of all easy to use.
aeroshep1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2006, 7:39 AM   #3

1. I do not have the Kodak software installed but I can still use the camera dock to download the pics off the camera using thye scanner/camera wizard in windows XP or with PSP and PSP Photo Album.

2. You could get a card reader to take the pics off your camera card.

3. Direct connect your camera to your PC via USB cord and then take the pic off with your photo program.

(I guess I should read BEFORE posting so I don't have to edit to fix spelling. lol)
cwodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2006, 10:36 AM   #4

Thank You for the respond: I do us Picassa about two years ago and it is a very good basic "picture-handle" tool. After I deleted all "remain' of the software from my computer; I was able to make the Office 2003 Picture Manager recognize my camera but not any luck with the PrinterDock.But always with hope and Thank You again!
Attached Images

Old Sep 10, 2006, 10:41 AM   #5

Thank you for the respond. I do have a card reader and it is fine. I was wondering how can I pass the crazy software to te garbage can. The camera works fine with the USB- via Picture manager- but still no luck with the dock.
Dont worry with the spelling; you cannot beat me by "mistakes"!
Attached Images

Old Sep 13, 2006, 3:06 PM   #6

Greetings Puppetmaster,

You can bypass the use of EasyShare software if you like. It may be best for your interests to only load the Camera Connection Software feature of EasyShare and not the entire program. This will facilitate the download of images from your camera whilenot using EasyShare program.

Go to the following URL, begin the download process.

http://www.kodak.com/go/easysharesw

Once you do you will see a screen with a button to "Downloda EasyShare software v6." Click on the button to go the download screen. You will given two choices one for download EasyShare software and one for the templates that can be used with EasyShare. Click on the EasyShare software option. The next screen provides a review of what to do when install the software. Click on the "Continue" button. The next screen is the activation screen. Click on the button for "Download." The next screen offers the install screen of Run - Save - Cancel.Continue to follow the Run commands until you come to the 'custom' setup screen that shows what is going to be installed. The top choice should be the camera connection software. Select it so it is the only program installed.

After installing the camera connection software, you can download your images and open them later in whatever program you choose. If you have a Kodak camera, you will lose the functionality of the EasyShare software features and your camera.

Give it a try and see if it meets your needs.

Talk to you soon, Puppetmaster,

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company
Ronbaird is offline   Reply With Quote