Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Sep 17, 2006, 9:49 AM   #1

I am trying to decide on which tele to buy. Many folks here and given good and helpful advice on the subject. Here is a link to an article I found on the web that has provides some good info on the subject. http://photo.net/learn/optics/tc2/index.html
JimWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 17, 2006, 10:39 AM   #2

Good article, Jim! One thing to remember though....

Correct. This article only addresses TC that fit between the lens and an SLR camera body (film or digital). There are no "front of the lens" TCs for SLRs as far as I know - at least none of any quality made by any well known lens maker. Generally TCs (high quality TCs) are intended for use with large aperture telephoto lenses. Even if you could make a high quality "front of the lens" TC, the cost (and weight) would be prohibitive, since for a 600/4 lens it would have to be at least 6" in diameter!
The major application of the "front of the lens" TCs is for small diameter, non-interchangable lens applications on P&S type digicams, where there is no alternative (since you can't put one between the lens and camera body).
Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2006, 12:50 PM   #3

Your right I have been an slr user for over 30years I didn't even consider I will be attaching the teleconverter infront of the lens..LOL
JimWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2006, 7:54 PM   #4

Nothing wrong with this article at all Jim as it does give a good explanation of what happens and why! Thanks to you for posting it!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote