Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Sep 18, 2006, 10:19 AM   #11

READ well before you jump EN...LOLOLOL You're right the second time !! LOL The wide angle lens on the 6490 gives the photos a sharpness and clarity that the normal lens just can't quite equal!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2006, 10:26 AM   #12

Sorry about that, Dawg.:? I read it 2 or 3 (maybe more..) times before posting the first one.! LOL Still didn't get it... XD

At least I got it the second time. :3
Quote:
READ well before you jump EN...LOLOLOL You're right the second time !! LOL The wide angle lens on the 6490 gives the photos a sharpness and clarity that the normal lens just can't quite equal!

Dawg
En121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2006, 10:26 AM   #13

Hi Jim,

The wide angle advantage (24–140 mm) of the P880 is why I prefer it to the P850 along with the options of a hotshoe and a PC flash sync. I like to use flash to the range of the P20 or my 622.

Talk to you soon,

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company

Ronbaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2006, 10:39 AM   #14

That's alright EN...I'm used to it...My wife misunderstands me all the time...I wait a few minutes till she calms down then re-ezplain and she gets me the second time!! LOL I've had nearly 40 years of it! LOL

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2006, 10:54 AM   #15

What a poor Dawg..:blah:
Quote:
That's alright EN...I'm used to it...My wife misunderstands me all the time...I wait a few minutes till she calms down then re-ezplain and she gets me the second time!! LOL I've had nearly 40 years of it! LOL

Dawg
En121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2006, 10:58 AM   #16

Nice photo? Do you have or plan on getting a TCON for your P880? If so let me know how it performs for you. I want one of the P series but don't know which one yet? I kinda want the best of both worlds.

Attached Images

Bursie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2006, 5:49 PM   #17

Very nice shot, Jim

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2006, 6:56 PM   #18

Very good perspective and color.
domang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2006, 7:45 PM   #19

Bursie, if you're going to stick with Kodak, I'd get the P880. You can always slap a teleconvertor lens on that puppy when needed. But I would also sit down and objectively brainstorm about what individual performance characteristic is most important to you. Some cameras excel in areas where the Kodak cameras are just okay. Be honest, and if that little voice in the back of your head says "well I MIGHT need that feature some day", tell it to shut up.

BTW... is that your "party boat" that you take out on the lake? I'm impressed that your photographic skills have managed to make it look really HUGE!
FaciaBrut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2006, 9:21 PM   #20

Hi Bursie,

Thanks for the comments. Yes I plan to get a TCon, I am leaning toward the the Kodak. I would go with the Olympus but i believe there are some limitations with the Olympus TCon, and since I really wouldn't use my P880 for sports or nature photography I think I am beter off with the Kodak optics. I probably will one day get a dslr but that doesn't mean I won't get a ton of use out of the P880.Back when I was in the Navy (1979-1982) I had two cameras, a Nikon F and a tinyclam shell olympus pocket camera, I ended up using the olympus constantly all over the world because of its excellent optics and its portability. I see the p880 as a great utility camera with some advanced features.
JimWhit is offline   Reply With Quote