Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Sep 17, 2006, 8:21 PM   #1

Well I noticed something wierd over the past few days, probably comes from looking at the world in terms of pixels per inch:blah:

I was just randomly looking at things... and marvelling at how clear they are and the kind of resolution the human eye gets... and then I was playing with focus, the focus of the human eye isn't as impressive as it's resolution, but still interesting to look at...

I also for the first time noticed how poor TV resolution is... like it's fine for casual viewing, but when you start paying attention... it's really jaggy...

Anyways, thats kinda wierd, anyone else get that?
Morag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 17, 2006, 8:50 PM   #2

yeah, I know what you mean !!

How much Megapixels do you think the human eye have :?

Boily
Boily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2006, 9:03 PM   #3

I noticed that myself...Then bought a HD-LCD TV. Makes it better if your 10 or 15 ft. away but still kinda jagged up real close!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2006, 9:37 PM   #4

I suppose an HDTV would fix the problem... however I refuse to buy in to that "more pixels is better" stuff. Sure it's better, but I've been just fine with regular TV resolution for 15 years and theres no way I"m spending thousands of dollars on HD equipment!!!!

And Boily, I think I'll try and find that out sometime... I think you would have to take the field of vision our eyes have, and then divide it by the wavelength of light... cause I'm pretty sure that our eyes see particles up to the size of light particles.

Now you know what would be really crazy... they have microscopes that let you see that close, and eventually they can't see further because even light particles are too big... imagine something so small that it came out pixellated to the human eye... hehe
Old Sep 17, 2006, 9:45 PM   #5

This is all moot when you have vision like mine... I can't read printed material or see individual leaves on trees without my glasses.
FaciaBrut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2006, 10:23 PM   #6

Morag2 wrote:
Quote:

I also for the first time noticed how poor TV resolution is... like it's fine for casual viewing, but when you start paying attention... it's really jaggy...

Anyways, thats kinda wierd, anyone else get that?

Sure. You probably noticed the grid in the TV screen when you were a wee one but got used to ignoring that.

I've noticed that I can get a cruddy, overviewed tape from a video store and, if I like the movie, forget about the quality as soon as I get into the movie.
domang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2006, 10:53 PM   #7

I suppose an HDTV would fix the problem... however I refuse to buy in to that "more pixels is better" stuff. Sure it's better, but I've been just fine with regular TV resolution for 15 years and theres no way I"m spending thousands of dollars on HD equipment!!!!

You'll have to sooner or later. Got mine for around 800 bucks on sale. It's a 47 incher. Need it to see it from where I sit in my family room. It has a slot in the front to veiw SD cards. This way I get to slide show all my captures. Also it can be used as a Computer monitor if you wish to. You can hook your laptop up to it and really surf in style.

I'm not a technophile but sooner or later the only way you'll watch TV is in HD. It's a fact everyone will have to aknowledge one day. The way tech goes though they will decrease in price over time but they will also go up in the whistle and bell area too! LOL

Here is a partial view of mine taken this Christmas. Sorry about having my grandson in the photo but he refused to stop watching the football game! LOL

Dawg
Attached Images

Old Sep 17, 2006, 10:55 PM   #8

Pretty nice Dawg!

I understand that HDTV's are nice, but in my opinion, just not worth the money as of right now. Maybe in 5 years when I want a new TV, I'll buy a big fancy HDTV... and I'll probably get it for $300 too:blah:
Old Sep 17, 2006, 10:57 PM   #9

And mine will be obsolete by then and not worth a plug nickel! LOL

Dawg
Old Sep 18, 2006, 2:49 AM   #10

yeah they should drop in price alot more the next few years.

I belive the cut off date for analog TV is 2009

then everyone will either have to have an HD set, or buy a seperate converter box from there cable/ sattilite company, to convet the signal.
as all analog tv will be halted ( even channels you pick up on antenna) and switched to HD signals.

i dont have an HD set yet, but probably within the next 6 months we will get one.
osirus is offline   Reply With Quote