Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Sep 19, 2006, 11:05 AM   #11

Really nicely composed and photographed Jim! Great shots in other words. Love the color and detail you can get with that P880! Bursie here is a program a lot of us use here to stitch together pannographs. Works great and a FREE download!

http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/autostitch/autostitch.html

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2006, 11:25 AM   #12

first one reminds me of japan
Red Royalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2006, 9:14 PM   #13

Thanks for the nice comments and taking the time to look at them...

The first photo was taken at the Japanese Gardens at Balboa Park Ssan Diego, California. Basically all the places phot graphed are within 10-15 miles of each other.
JimWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2006, 7:48 AM   #14

Nice Photos, Jim!

MT/Sarah
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2006, 10:55 AM   #15

Thanks Dawg, used autostitch on those photos I posted earlierof my daughter and truck. Oh and the one with the yard work, I like that program a lot and found out about it from you guys.
Bursie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2006, 12:35 PM   #16

Did you download the newfirmware for your p880 yet? I was just wondering what issues is that supposed to fix, and did it fix them? I also notice some slight vignetting in a couple of your pics... is this an issue at WA with the p880? Sorry about so many questions but I am planning on buying one real soon.
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2006, 12:58 PM   #17

inneyeseakay wrote:
Quote:
Did you download the new¬*firmware for your p880 yet? I was just wondering what issues is that supposed to fix, and did it fix them? I also notice some slight vignetting in a couple of your pics... is this an issue at WA with the p880? Sorry about so many questions but I am planning on buying one real soon.
The only review of the P880 that complains of serious vingnette, is the CNET review. But, they don't have good reviews, and, they are biased to some degree. And expect to much from consumer cameras.

Anyway, its probably a problem when you shoot with the lens wide open at 24mm F2.8. But, then again, most reviews don;'t mention it at all. Dpreview does. But, they say its just mild. and, if you look at some of there samples, they shoot with the lens wide open, at 24mm F2.8. and, I didn't notice any. Its probably a real problem when shooting landscapes on a sunny great blue sky day. But, you wouldn't be shooting with a wide open Fstop on that day, anyway. If you look at a sample shot from steves, it has some pretty bad vingntte. The shot was shot at 24mm F2.8. With a great blue sky. So, its easy to see.

Probably varties from shot to shot. And the aperture. It shouldn't be a problem most times. Also, you can check out the DCRE review, there samples show no vingnette. Though, they mention in there review that it has some, but, they didn't notice any in there "real world shots."0

Sorry for the long post. LOL
En121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2006, 2:42 PM   #18

http://www.megapixel.net/reviews/kod.../p880-samp.php

check out that link. Look at the shot of the building at full wide angle. With the apertuee at F2.8. There is very little vignette. From what I can see.
En121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2006, 2:53 PM   #19

Beautiful shots, nice composition, nice job, Jim

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2006, 5:09 PM   #20

Anyone know what all the new firmware was supposed to update/fix? Also... for those that have used or own this camera... do you have problems with your hand blocking the AF assist lamp. That is another HUGE seller of this over the 712, but it won't be very useful if my hand is in front of it.
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote