Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Sep 19, 2006, 3:40 AM   #1

Okay, I uninstalled the EasyShare software a while back due to not using it, but now that I need it, I can't seem to get it to reinstall. Everytime I try it just installs the updater and nothing else. Anyone else ever had this problem?
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 19, 2006, 3:57 AM   #2

Hmm... No idea.. I've uninstalled and reinstalled
the software with no problems ever reinstalling it..

Did you check your C drive and program files to make sure your computer completely removed it?

sameroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2006, 8:05 AM   #3

I have never used EasyShare but I have read about similar uninstall/reinstall problems with the software. Kodak used to provide an uninstaller utility on their website which cleared the remaining registry entries and other garbage off your PC after uninstalling the application. I think it was called ESS Clear or something like that. I use a little free but powerful utility called CCleaner after uninstalling software and it removes most or all of the leftover registry entries and DLLs from uninstalled software. And make sure you've downloaded the newest version of EasyShare from Kodak's website. They are into version 6.

P.S. Here, I found the Clear Utility:

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/servi...mp;idhbx=clear
FaciaBrut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2006, 9:56 AM   #4

Is there a way to open .kdc files without the EasyShare software?
Old Sep 19, 2006, 12:04 PM   #5

Adobe Camera Raw used with either Photoshop or Photoshop Elements. Download it from the Adobe website and copy the file into your Plugins folder. If you don't have either PS or PS Elements yet, search for a deal on an "OEM" install disk. You'll probably save more than 50%.

Here it is for $39 US, free shipping, no sales tax:
http://www.viosoftware.com/*Adobe+Ma...n=29230255-oem

Oh yeah... I almost forgot about the FREE download of Adobe Lightroom for Windows. Its a pre-release beta and it is fully functional until end of January 2007. I have used it extensively with raw KDC files and it is awesome! No additional plugins required.

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom/

Personally... if you don't have the full Photoshop app with Camera Raw, my second choice would be Lightroom for raw files. You still have 4 and 1/2 months of unlimited usage.
Attached Images

FaciaBrut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2006, 12:32 PM   #6

I figured there was a plugin so that I could open them is PS7.0 but I guess I was just searching for the wrong thing... LoL, I was searching for a KDC plugin for PS7, thanks. I will definately DL the RAW plugin as soon as I get home from work and see if that fixes my problem and then I won't feel the need to have EasyShare on my computer. Although I do have to give you a big thanks for fixing that problem. The link to the Kodak software fixed it with no problems and it reinstalled fine.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 4:08 PM   #7

Hi Jim,

If you want to uninstall do it from the Windows Add/Remove option in the Control Panel. Once it is gone you can run the Clear utility if you have trouble. Go to the following site.

http://www.kodak.com/go/clear

Just follow the prompts etc. Once the clear utility is done, go to the Kodak web site to get the latest version of EasyShare to install the program. If you are using a Kodak camera you will have a good number of advantages.

Let me know if you have trouble.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company
Ronbaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2006, 4:10 PM   #8

inneyeseakay,

Sorry should have looked at your name before posting an answer. I addressed it to Jim.

Ron Baird
Ronbaird is offline   Reply With Quote