Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Sep 25, 2006, 7:56 AM   #1

Hello;

I am wondering if the z612 produces clear and bright enough pictures when in a darkened room (school gymasium) with the lights out and just stage lights on.

I have 2 other easyshare cameras and when I take pictires at the school they always come out very dark --- almost cannot see the picture .

Any help would be appreciatedrn
robegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 25, 2006, 10:28 AM   #2

robegar-

If you can use flash, preferably the camera's flash and a slave flash, such as I have shown in the attached photo, you will have great photos. However, when handheld, the Z-612 will be assisted by the IS, but will have a very low shutter speed, that will not stop any action on stage.

I am acommunity theatervolunteer, so I have done this quite a few times. If you stay within the limitations of the Z-612 you will getdo fine. However, I think that the P-712 with the P-20 external flash would do an even better job.

Here is the photo of what I have been using:

And this is a sample of the kind of photos that I have been able to obtain. In order not to be an audience distraction, I usually do photos at the dress rehearsal.

Sarah

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2006, 11:42 AM   #3

Hello Sarah

I was given that Vivitar flash some time ago but have yet to try it out.

What is the correct setting for the Kodak camera (regarding synch/focus pre flash).

BiLL

:|
bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2006, 12:23 PM   #4

Bill-

Being a flash, DISTANCE is critical. For distance out to 20 feet, use the Auto ISO setting. Beyond 20 feet you will have to experiment a bit. Take the photo and evaluate it by looking at the LCD. Ifthe LCD imageis dark (under exposed) increase the ISO setting. Ifthe LCD imageis white-ish (over exposure) decrease the ISO setting.

Sarah
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote