Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jun 4, 2003, 1:22 AM   #1

Default DX4330 underwater housing

Can someone recommend to me which underwater housing suits well with Kodak DX4330? I've already asked the Kodak personnel regarding this and she'd suggested me to look up at this site www.digideep.com. But still, I'm not sure which one suits the best with DX4330. To those who have been using one of those underwater housings as listed on the site; kindly pls do let me know which one suits well for DX4330. I need to purchase it as it can be very useful when u wanna take picture when the weather is wet- raining/snowing.
hadishahar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 4, 2003, 6:45 PM   #2

I believe they are a good housing. The only downside I can think of is the price. I don't know if I would spend that much but if you are into diving It will do the job
kschewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2003, 3:52 PM   #3

have you tried the flexible housings manufactured from double laminated PVC? They are about 10 times cheaper than the 'hard' ones. Most of the reviews I read were very positive about it. There is also a gallery containing pictures of how it looks: www.pbase.com/psinclai/em_dca2

I have just ordered an ewa marine D-MM for my Kodak DX4900. (www.ewamarine.com)
I haven't received it yet. Hope I can get it in time for my vacation.

I think your camera is about the same size as mine, so I guess the D-MM model would fit it perfectly as they are not made for just one specific model. ewamarine.com recommends the D-AM for our cameras, but after checking the dimensions, in my opinion and also according to www.digideep.com, the D-MM is the most suitable model.

Good Luck!
Angel
AngelCurty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2003, 5:03 PM   #4

let me know how your enclosure for your camera turns out Angelcurty
Old Jun 29, 2003, 4:31 PM   #5

Default DX4900 Underwater Housing

As I mentioned before, I had ordered an EwaMarine D-MM housing for my Kodak DX4900, and as it would not arrive in time for my vacation (I'm leaving on Tuesday), I decided to look around and I finally found an AquaPac Housing (http://www.aquapac.co.uk) in a nearby shop. It costed 45 (not that expensive compared to other ones).

I took some pictures to show how it looks like. It turned out pretty well.

Just the Housing:

Check the URL for more pictures:
http://piloot.smugmug.com/gallery/11139
Old Aug 22, 2003, 2:54 PM   #6

Default Underwater Pics taken with a Kodak DX4900

Back from my vacation in Brazil, I would like to show some of the underwater pics I took with my Kodak DX4900. It was hard to take them cuz I wasn't able to look thru the display in the water. But I managed to take a few shots. They turned out better than I expected.
Any comments?

Old Aug 24, 2003, 12:06 PM   #7

Hi
Your pictures turned out great. What settings did you use? Did you try the flash?
Old Aug 24, 2003, 12:48 PM   #8

I just used auto settings. And yes, I did try the flash in a few shots, but I didn't really need it since the light was great there. It wasn't that deep either.

This is the picture taken by my boyfriend with his Canon Ixus in the same housing.
Old Aug 25, 2003, 10:02 PM   #9

That is great that it worked out for you. I now can recommend an enclosure for cameras for underwater diving. I will look to see if I can find one here like that.
thanks