Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Sep 26, 2006, 10:07 PM   #1

Hello Ron!

If there was a hood for my lcd pannels using a aux lens on my Z730 or for that matter any optical view finder or with any lcd pannel it would be one step closer to a perfect life!

I saw this made by Delkin and it comes in 2" and 2.5" yet many Kodak 2.5 lcd madels were mentioned in a distributers add.

Delkin E-Film Pop Up Shade - 2.5" - Camera Hood - DU2.5-M

If this will stay connected it would be great!

It comes in silver or black. List $25. Froogle hhas 3 listings of which 2 or less than list ($15.00 and $19.00)

Do you have any experience with a good glare shield for that nice 2.2" screen that vanishes in the sun?

BiLL

:|

bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 27, 2006, 10:15 AM   #2

Greetings Steve,

No, I have not seen one of these used, but will get in touch with our accessories tech engineer. He might haveor mayknow more about them. Sounds like a feasible idea. Ifit works for you.....it works for you. :-)

Seeing screens in the sun is a problem for pretty all the digitals, so anything that will enhance it helps. I suspect there are new innovations to this dilemma on the horizon.

Talk to you soon.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company
Ronbaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2006, 10:28 AM   #3

here is what it looks like (comes in 2" and 2.5"

prices on the Delkin DU2.5-M Screen Protector

Features a no residue adhesive that will not damage the camera if removed and an optical clear glass to protect your camera's screen. The simple pop-up design allows for easy opening to block the glare. The two-part design enables easy removal of... Features a no residue adhesive that will not damage the camera if removed and an optical clear glass to protect your camera's screen. The simple pop-up design allows for easy opening to block the glare. The two-part design enables easy removal of the shade while keeping the optical clear glass in place for protection. Color and design matches your camera model.
Price Range: $14.00 - $20.00

Old Sep 27, 2006, 5:10 PM   #4

Greetings,

Thanks for the tip and information.

Looks like a nice feature, I have shared the site and image with the engineers. Nice that there is no residual to tack things up. I am not aware of anything like it that Kodak offers.

Talk to you soon.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company
Ronbaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2006, 7:02 PM   #5

Prior to addressing the issue to you I e-mailed Hoodman~ no reply yet and no mention 2.2" screen size

Delkin answered that they only have 2" and 2.5". They said it would not fit (obvious difference in screen size) so they did not recomend it. One vendor did list many of the DX and Z cameras.

Not to keen on spending $14. to $25. if I will be picking it of the floor regularly.

Will look into the possible use of a small drinking cup covered with black paper so it will not be translucent. The rolled odge should be safe as to not scratch lcd. The bottom will be removed to look through and 3 connected rubber bands (center one around cup and each other one around camere, one left and one right side)

This is a instance where a smaller lcd would be better.

BiLL

Old Sep 27, 2006, 7:11 PM   #6

Bill-

I have a Delkin LCD Cover/Shade on my Penytax DS and it really works quite well, making the LCD much more usable in bright sunshine.

Sarah
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2006, 7:49 PM   #7

Most of the Kodak lcd screens are 2.2"

Too big for the 2" cover

or

Too small for the 2.5" cover

Kind of a "Three Bears Syndrom"

Either I may have to go with a 2" set up and accept some of the lcd being covered or make one from scratch from this and that.

BiLL

:?:idea::?:idea::?:idea:
Old Sep 29, 2006, 6:42 PM   #8

A reply from Hoodman.

If interested I think better prices could be found on the internet.

BiLL

Dear Bill,

Thank you for contacting Hoodman about a sunshade for your Kodak cameras. Our H-200 can be used on the 2.2" diagonal measurement screen and our new HoodLoupe will also work very well on it. The H-200 is a simple sunshade that attaches to the screen by using either the elastic strap that is part of the hood or by using the adhesive backed Velcro strips that we include with the hood. We also recommend that you use the HSK-ProSLR Hoodskins to protect the screen as well. Hoodskins are clear plastic overlay sheets that protect the screen from scratches and dirt. The new HoodLoupe is not mounted to the camera but is worn around the neck and placed up to the screen when you need to view your shots in bright light. The HoodLoupe comes with a lanyard to put around your neck and has an adjustable diopter in the eyepiece. The HoodLoupe can be used on any digital camera and we recommend using the Hoodskins with it as well. You can view the product information on the H-200, the HSK-ProSLR Hoodskins and the H-LPP HoodLoupe on the following pages:

[size=http://www.hoodmanusa.com/hoods.asp ][/size]H-DCR through H400

[size=][/size]

http://www.hoodmanusa.com/sizing_chart.htm Sizing Chart[size=][/size]

[size=][/size]

[size=http://www.hoodmanusa.com/hoodskins.asp ][/size]Hoodskins

[size=][/size]

[size=http://www.hoodmanusa.com/H-LPP.asp ][/size]HoodLoupe

[size=][/size]

[size=We hope this information is helpful to you. Please contact us again if you have additional questions about our products.][/size]

Sincerely,

Charlene Gordon
Hoodman Corp. Customer Service
20445 Gramercy Place, Ste. 201
Torrance, CA 90501
(800) 818-3946
(310) 222-8608
(310) 222-8623 Worldwide Fax