Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Oct 11, 2006, 8:47 PM   #1

Yeah, I know it's not safe to try and take a photo while driving on the highway, but I couldn't resist hanging the P850 out the window early this morning on the way to work. (I also had my cell phone in the other hand and holding my coffee with my left foot). The Balloon Fiesta has been on for 4 days but has been cancelled every day so far because of bad weather (we had snow in the north and tornados in the south yesterday). Today was the first clear day and I didn't have time to get out of my car and enjoy the colorful ballons.
Attached Images

FaciaBrut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 11, 2006, 8:50 PM   #2

Here's one more. No apologies for the poor quality pics.
Attached Images

Old Oct 11, 2006, 9:11 PM   #3

LOL I love! I do the same thing on the way to work. Mine is of the water and sunset. I need to pull over and just snap a picture but I leave out 15 minutes before I have tobe there! Great post.
Bursie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2006, 9:49 PM   #4

Just stay safe the both of you! I've given up doing that since I ran over a neighbors mailbox one morning! I too had hot coffee and spilled it while trying to drive and shoot a photo! Just glad it wasn't one of those brick monstrosities they are putting up now! LOL

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2006, 3:40 PM   #5

Nice scene...Have done it myself, but I'll never admit it..
Dawg, heres a northern redneckstory for ya...One of my customers got so sick of people running over his mailbox, he sunk a 12" steel ibeam 4foot deep then attached a large 1/4" steel plate on top, topped off with a mailbox and a large(about 18" diameter) boulder...I asked " what's with the rock, John?" He replied" So when them sob's hit the ibeam and come to a dead stop, that rock will bounce thru their windshield!!!":shock:
Y'all drive careful now, heah

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2006, 7:23 PM   #6

Great shots. Very cool event. Wish we had something like that around here!
En121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2006, 8:09 PM   #7

Actually the shots are terrible... taken with one hand while driving at 60 miles per hour. There are plenty of people smarter than me who left an hour earlier, parked on the side of the road and set up their cameras with tripods to take quality photos. Here's a shot my daughter took one year ago from high in the foothills on the east side of Albuquerque, looking west over the city. There are supposed to be 600 balloons this year. This is what it REALLY looks like at 7:30 a.m.!

BTW, until 2 years ago the balloon fiesta was known as the KODAK International Balloon Fiesta! Kodak pulled out sponsorship after many years of being the corporate sponsor of this rally.

Attached Images

Old Oct 13, 2006, 3:40 PM   #8

thanks for posting your daughter's shot, FB...that's got to be quite a site to see!!

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote