Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Oct 16, 2006, 2:20 PM   #1

My 27" Soney T.V. died 2 weeks ago. I have been doing without till now (getting more sleep and waking up more energetic) but I can't get the monkey off my back!

I want a flat lcd no bigger than about 30". Been looking at the Samsung 26" to 30"so it fits in my cabinet with tambour doors.

Amazon has free frt. but at Best Buy I can take it back or in for repair.

What make and size do you purveyors of color imagry have at home?

Plasma looks great but does not fit in my pocket too well! Not into any video game compatability.

Must get one before the new season of The Apprentice starts.

:|

BiLL
bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 16, 2006, 2:56 PM   #2

Ya can't go wrong with the Samsungs, but also consider Sharp and Polaroid in the 30" +/- size. Sonys are excellent but pricey. I have a 42 inch LG LCD (plasmas are not good for high altitude) and I'm very happy with it. I also have a poor quality generic housebrand 20" LCD in the bedroom for watching the late night news and I regret ever buying it.

As far as where to buy it... I shopped at BestBuy, Circuit City, CompUSA, WalMart, Costco and Sam's Club and found them all competitive with each other. Personally, I'd go with BestBuy as first choice for the same reason that you cited.
FaciaBrut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2006, 11:50 PM   #3

Sams club has a nice Vizio lcd that does not break the bank if you want a tv for the bed room. I think there was a 32", 37" and a 42". I read the reviews and they were good enough for me to add it as a bed room set for sure! I have a Panasonic 50" LCD now.
Bursie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2006, 1:23 AM   #4

Bill I've got a 47 inch Panasonic LCD. I haven't regretted not getting plasma either. Excellant color and can be viewed from a 160 degree angle without loss of sharpness or color. Really works great in my 20 foot by 30 foot family room as the sofas and love seats are spread all over the room and make for wide viewing angles. you can change the aspect ratio and fill the screen or watch it in letterbox format. Also the PIP is a split screen so you can watch two large size screens with different shows and toggle the sound from one to the other! Also has a slot for SD cards so you can watch your own photo slide show right from the camera without hooking the camera up. Also can be used for a computer monitor! HD and DIGITAL ready. Got it at Circuit City on sale. Have fun picking one out. It is a wide wide world of TV's right now!
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2006, 2:08 PM   #5

Decided on the 26" Samsung with speakers at the bottom of the screen.

Speakers on sides too big for my enclosure. Was going to spring for the 40" but the chart on Samsung usa indicates it calls for a great distance to view from for otimum viewing.

Went back to Best Buy to read about set and their site was down. N ext day the price went up over $100.00 so decided to stay with Amazon, free frt. and no sales tax (8.25% here).

Now the wait is on ! Bought some eyeglass cleaer and some visine to be in optimum viewing mode!!!

BiLL

:G
bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2006, 2:18 PM   #6

bill2468 wrote:
Quote:
Bought some eyeglass cleaer and some visine to be in optimum viewing mode!!!

BiLL
:G
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote