Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Oct 21, 2006, 3:02 PM   #1

Howdy ya'll I'm new to the forum. My name is Danielle, I'm 21 and have only just recently gotten into photography. I started out with a dinky little kodak C530 and moved up to a P850 over the summer. I also recentlypurchased the p20 zoom flash, two accessory lenses and a filter set. Amazon.com rocks my socks. Unfortunately right now I'm not sure if I'll be able to share any of my photos. I'm deployed overseas and not on my own computer and have no program hereto really resize my images or anything like that. They're all pretty big. But anyways, I look forward to seeing what everyone else has to share and learning a little bit more about my camera and all the goodies I can buy for it. :-)

Dani
afdani1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 21, 2006, 4:39 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum, Dani! Much like you, I have just recently gotten into photography. Started out with a little Nikon 2500 p&s and moved up to a Kodak P880! Hope you have a great time here! Its a shame you can't get your pictures here right now. Hope you can soon!

P.S. I'm also thinking about getting a P20 flash... how do you like it?
En121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2006, 5:12 PM   #3

It's pretty cool but I haven't really gotten a chance to play with it too much though because unfortunately when I got it, I didn't realize it took lithium/NiMh batteries. It's hard enough to find regular cadmium AA batteries in Iraq. So I was working off one charged set I brought with meand I wanted to save as much juice as I could in case my squadron wanted me to take photos. I had to wait for my Monster Charger to come from BH. It's nice because it's got the bounce head, but I'm still not sure it's got a far enough range to work well with my accessory lenses. My night photos still come out very dark, even when I mess with the manual settings on the cameraand grainy when I up the ISO.

I was looking at the P880 but decided I wanted more zoom..and the manual focus kind of intimidated me. How do you like it? Eventually I may get one to complement my P850. I hear the 880 is good for indoor shots and landscapes. Does it have a panorama scene mode on it? Isaw the 712 did and I was like...doh!

If you decide to get the flash, I'd get it from amazon. I got mine for about $40 cheaper than kodak sells it.

Dani

Old Oct 21, 2006, 5:25 PM   #4

Thanks for the info, Dani! You should know... the flash only zooms out to 80mm. So, if you go out to say... 150mm... it might not go so well... just a tip.

I love my P880!! Takes great sharp and clean pictures! But, maybe you should decide that for yourself. You can check out some of my post's! like the lotsssssss of fall post! Heh, I'm thinking of maybe buying a P850 to go with my P880. lol How do you like yours? O_O Also, no... the P880 does not have a panorama mode. But, the 24mm wide angle is amazing... it also performs fairly well in low light! The zoom is pretty useful.. but, not enough for real good wildlife photography. (Thus, I'm looking for a cheap 10x or 12x cam. )

Hope this helps...!

Cheers.

-En
En121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2006, 6:28 PM   #5

I love my P850. The best photos I've taken with it are from my trip to LA and they're back in the states on my computer. I have a few with me that i think are pretty cool.

Here's my deviantart account: http://afdani1984.deviantart.com/

And a link so some B&W shots my boyfriend took of me: http://new.photos.yahoo.com/slideshow

The B&W ones were originally in color and I change them to B&W in photoshop. I love B&W photos, but I like using the gradient feature in PS..because it doesnt suck all the contrast out of the photo.

Dani
Old Oct 21, 2006, 9:44 PM   #6

Hello Dani!

Welcome to the forum.

Hope to see some of your work soon.

Be sure to plug your flash batteries every night. They have no memory so you need not worry about over charging.

Watch your step and where you point your camera.

For pannos many of the people here use a free and easy to use program called Auto Stitch.

BiLL

:|
bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2006, 10:51 PM   #7

I'll have to check into that program when I get home in 5 months. I'm now allowed to download anything on the government computers :roll:

Dani
Old Oct 22, 2006, 12:43 AM   #8

Welcome Dani. Hope your stay is an enjoyable one. Roam around and ask lots of questions!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2006, 5:50 AM   #9

yes welcome to the kodak forum if you need anything im sure you'll get it here!
Red Royalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2006, 10:51 PM   #10

Thank you all for the warm welcome :G I need to get some pictures of the Iraqi sunrises here...beautiful. If i catch any good ones that aren't going to get me into any trouble, I'll try and post them.

Dani