Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Oct 24, 2006, 4:41 PM   #11

And for the raw settings, you can see my topic here :-)

Note that the raw format was edited but I can tell you that I tried getting the same results with the jpeg format and couldn't

There is also the tiff format !!

Both raw and tiff keep more informations to allow you to edit your pictures like you whant to !!

Boily
Boily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2006, 4:47 PM   #12

And if you really whant a 24mm wide-angle, you have the possibility to buy the raynox-hd6600 that fits perfectly on the p850 ring adapter

Here is a thread started about that !!

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...hlight=hd-6600
Boily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2006, 5:29 PM   #13

Thanks alot B' gonna go for the 850 I'm thinkin'
Thanks again for the help everyone
TD Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2006, 5:49 PM   #14

Also is cost an issue? That was my decision on the P850. I picked it up for $280, new in box about 4 months ago. I've also added the Tcon-17 which adds even more zoom and it's amazing. My next purchase might be the Raynox 55mm wide angle that will take the P850 from 36mm to 24mm. :-)
silverm3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2006, 9:58 PM   #15

Wag.. the DX7590 you were used to is a lot like the P850 or the P712. The P880 can give a lot sharper detail in wide shots but for the distances you shoot from the 850 0r the 712 would better suit you. And by the way welcome back old friend. I've been worried about you not having an address or way to stay in touch.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2006, 4:37 PM   #16

Greetings Wagaboo,

Interesting features on both cameras, and the decision to make a purchase is really one only you can make.

For me I had to decide on whether or not I like the larger imager and the added external PC flash connector along with the shoe mount, or the longer lens feature.Later I considered the P712 that brought most of the features together with a faster system - click to capture. In that camera you get the 7 megapixel imager anda 12X optical zoom.

For me I had to really consider what kind of pictures I take and what features would be most valued. I am opting for theP712.

Good luck in your decision, either way you are going to be very pleased.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company
Ronbaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2006, 8:39 AM   #17

hi there

i just got a 712.zoom is good , nice features and has a panoramic mode in camera for all the wide boys out there!!

picture not that good because of compression !

but a good choice I'm very happy with mine.

regards bob.
Attached Images

bomber1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2006, 9:57 PM   #18

I am also deciding on the P880 or some other. I really like the wide angle, but the 140mm is a little short from the 200mm I was wanting. Can't have it all, I guess. But here's a couple questions:

- How much of a hassle is it to put on the wide angle converter on the p850? I plan to take the camera ontrip to Egypt.

- Filters - can you use polarizer filter on either of these cameras? What kind do you have to get, if so? What cautions, if any, about using polarizer on digital?

- EVF - I read that the EVF can darken so much in bright sunlight that it is hard to use. Shoot, the LCD would be even more unusable. I prefer using the EVF, but if it's going to wimp out in the sunlight.... What's been your experience?

Thank you!
poppop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2006, 11:04 PM   #19

I have a P850 and I use a circular polarizer for some of my shooting. I have never had any problems with my filters. They're Hoya brand. My Tuskegee Airmen photo in the "concrete art" post is an example of some work i did with the polarizing filter. I've also used accessory lenses and I really haven't had any issues with them being difficult to use. Some people will buy an adapter for each lens and just leave the lens attached. That way all they have to do is pull that out of their bag, versus screwing the lens to the adapter and then the adapter to the camera. My lenses are rather heavy, so I try and plan out ahead of time whether or not I think I'll use them during a shoot. As far as the EVF, I have horrible eyes..so I really don't use it that much. I've never had issues with the brightness on my LCD. There is a little wheel that you can use to adjust the brightness of the screen. Hope this has helped a little bit

Dani
afdani1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2006, 12:30 AM   #20

Thanks Dani - the pix in Concrete Art are great! I also looked at inneyeseakaypix of the stadium in the link provided - couple seemed to have polarizer.

New question on the filters .... if the lens is 52mm, for example, do you have to use a filter that is a larger size (with a step up ring) or can you just use a 52mm size?

poppop is offline   Reply With Quote