Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Oct 27, 2006, 3:00 PM   #11

Andy..Get the 55mm adapter for your camera. You can either get it from the Kodak web site or from here

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...goryNavigation

The Cokin filters I like so much are square filters for the most part and require a special filter holder. The ones you're talking about for the DSLR's are probably screw on type filters. The size you'll need to order will be 55mm to fit the lens adapter for your P850 camera. The reason I say get the Kodak adapter with the 55mm exterior end is that the Schneider 1.4X teleconverter and the Schneider wide angle lens are both 55mm. Also a lot of us here purchased the Olympus TCON-17, 1.7X teleconverter instead of the Kodak Schneider converter and it also is a 55mm one. If you have a 52mm converter and use the Schneider wide angle lens you'll get vignetting in your photos. That is a black mark at the perifery of the photo! And when you use a 52mm adapter and either one of the teleconverters you'll have to zoom almost to the furtherest zoom to avoid the vignetting or tunnel effect! Happy shooting.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2006, 4:44 PM   #12

Thanks Dawg and Dani, very good advice.

At last, a forum that likes to help

Thanks again guys.
andy_fozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2006, 7:51 PM   #13

Some one helped me when I got here Andy...In fact a lot of someone's. I just feel the need to repay the favor and hope the ones we all help here will feel the need also. Happy shooting!

Dawg
Old Oct 28, 2006, 3:15 AM   #14

Bless ya

Thanks Dawg.

I've spent LOTS of time on forums latey, trying to get some help, but they just don't want to.....
Starnge, god knows what i done to upset them
Old Oct 28, 2006, 12:14 PM   #15

Everyone is ignorant about something..Lord knows I am about a lot of things. You'll notice that here the advice is sometimes conditional and will be followed by someone saying this is their opinion. We all have our own ways of doing things and there is no absolute solution to some problems. So you need to look at the answers and solutions offered and make your own decision about what you wish to do. If the advise someone gives you doesn't work for you remember it was your own decision to go with it! Quite often there are many ways to solve a photographic problem and you should go over every suggestion before making a decision as to which you will go with and then live with it! LOL Sometimes the answer will seem like the person offering it is absolutly positive about the answer they gave but in the end let common sense be your guide and look to the amount of posts someone has done as well as the time in the forum. Not all advice is wisdom!! Read that last sentence again then ponder it a while! LOL

Dawg
Old Oct 28, 2006, 2:06 PM   #16

For me, photography is an art. I like to use other people's ideas and suggestions as a baseline for my own work, especially technical expertise..but ultimately I take those suggestions and I'll maybe...tweak an aperture here or an exposure comp there. Some people are just...stingy about giving advice, sharing their tips and whatnot because they think it means everyone will copy their style.It's all about playing around, getting comfortable with your camera and figuring out what it can do. My biggest problem is I have a tendancy to shoot and delete if I dont like the way it looks on my LCD screen. I've probably lost some good shots that way. My boss keeps telling me...just shoot it and dump it on the computer and tweak them later. I've taken some shots that I thought looked great on my LCD, got them on the comp and realized they weren't what I wanted. I've only been on this forum for about a week and it's been great. The people here are extremely friendly and helpful.

Dani

:|
afdani1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2006, 2:14 PM   #17

Hi Dan.

LMAO!!!

I do EXACTLY the same!!
If I don't like it on the LCD, it doesn't make it to the PC!!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one lol!!!

I agree with you about the forum too.
I've already learn't some useful tips, and I've only been here a few days!!!
Old Oct 28, 2006, 3:25 PM   #18

It's a very hard habit to break, andy :\ I'm in an environment where it's difficult to get good shots as it is...so I really have to stop being selective as I snap. haha.

Dani
afdani1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2006, 4:58 PM   #19

Keep them all and only process the ones you really like after viewing them on the PC. I come from many years with a 35mm camera and my mother would never let me throw any away. She always said my throwaways would be wanted one day and saved them all. Now that she has gone...I have those throwaways and some of them are real keepsakes. They have her and my dad and lots of my kids. And they are the only ones like that! I thank her every day for her wisdom and know she hears me! I have about 14,000 photos or more from my DX6490 and have deleted maybe 4 or 5 at the most! Everytime I st6art to delete one I can hear my mom's voice saying "Oh no you don't". LOL

Dawg