Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Nov 2, 2006, 7:40 AM   #11

tommysdad wrote:
Quote:
Yeah I hear that Canons are pretty good :G

TD
ROFLMAO, pretty bad when the Nikon guys start pulling for Canon...
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2006, 8:25 AM   #12

romphotog-- Just tellin' ya that I never had a bit of trouble with my P850 like what you have described and the person I recently sold it to is also happily using it now without any of trouble. I can't understand why, if you evidently have a defective unit, that you don't send it back for a repair or replacement or demand a refund.

Or... if you've simply lost faith in Kodak products, try a competitor's product. No one here will fault you for that. My point is, I believe you'll find that the other brands tend to highlight ONE performance feature, but don't have the overall balance and versatility of the Kodak P series cameras.
FaciaBrut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2006, 9:41 AM   #13

inneyeseakay wrote:
Quote:
tommysdad wrote:
Quote:
Yeah I hear that Canons are pretty good :G

TD
ROFLMAO, pretty bad when the Nikon guys start pulling for Canon...

No its just me being my sarcastic self :G

Nikon til the end

TD
tommysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2006, 9:53 AM   #14

tommysdad wrote:
Quote:

Nikon til the end

TD
I just thought it was an attempt to keepthis guy from coming over to the Nikon forums...

Basically like saying,"Go bother the Canon guys... leave us alone" :G
Old Nov 2, 2006, 10:00 AM   #15

inneyeseakay wrote:
Quote:
tommysdad wrote:
Quote:

Nikon til the end

TD
I just thought it was an attempt to keepthis guy from coming over to the Nikon forums...

Basically like saying,"Go bother the Canon guys... leave us alone" :G

You got it Bud !!:-)

TD
tommysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2006, 5:43 PM   #16

I just think if he has a legitimate problem he might ask a civil question and get a civil response. Since that is not forthcoming I'm left wondering if the complaints are legitimate or are they asked in such a tone as to enrage the responders to the point that he might get his kicks from said responses??? Not my day to make his day and ever since he has been asking such questions it hasn't been....My day that is!!! LOL

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2006, 9:09 PM   #17

romphotog wrote:
Quote:
My Kodak P850 crashes too often, causing
me to lose too many photos.
It mostly happens when I use burst mode,
while it's saving, I take more pics or change settings.
The camera either freezes up, shuts off, or gives me
camera error message. As a result, the pics arent saved
to the card and are lost. I have to take out and put back in
the battery. Is this common in this model? Does it also
happen in the P712?

Either way, I dont like the long cycle time; the time it
takes to save to the card. I thought in the top of the line
Kodaks it might be better than the C330/340 line.

Also, when using the flash, it appears the EVF picks it
up too much, making me see dancing lights if I take more than 3 pics.
I end up using a tripod or the LCD. The EVF _HAS_ to
reduce the light from the flash.

Also, what the [email protected]#$% is wrong with the flower and text scene modes?
They dont focus, and if they do, on the wrong subject.
My C330's macro mode focuses faster and better than the P850.

I am considering getting the P712. But if it has the same issues
as the P850, maybe not.

You deserve an answer to your question Rom so I'll do my best.

#1 Anyone knows that you don't try to shoot more photos while the camera is processing the photos you just shot in Burst mode. Well may nOt everyone...So listen well....When you shoot a burst of photos ...Keep your hands off the camera until it finishes. If you don't you'll lose some or all of the photos you just shot. Now please believe me when I say I wish this was not so...But we have to live in Reallity. The reallity is that you just have to be patient and wait.

I don't like the cycle time when shooting burst mode photos so I don't do it that often. This way I don't get frustrated and start cussing and thinking how nice my camera would look planted in the neck of whichever Kodak design engineer thought it would be alright to make it do that. But since I paid for the camera I've decided to work around those problems and issues. Now believe me I have some issues that I just can't get around with my DX6490 and I don't see a Kodak camera right now that solves those issues for me. Well instead of bitchin' and complainin' I'm getting a Pentax K10D DSLR camera that solves them for me. Again reality. Some cameras just don't meet every demand we put on them. Kodak's cameras for the casual user and the point and shooter do very well in most circumstances but not in everyone of those circumstances. But neither do any of the other brands . Some do better at some things than others. It's that reality thing again. You know the saying. You may please some of the people some of the time...But you can't please all the people all the time. Well neither can Kodak. And if they don't please me on some thing that I wish for my camera to do I get a different camera.

Now for the EVF giving you dancing lights in your eyes....Think about this now...All Kodak Digi-Cams that have an Electronic View Finder function the same way...The EVF goes Blank When the Camera's Shutter is Triggered.!!!!! No exceptions I know of....Now how in Blue Blazes are you getting a flash in your eye and causing dancing lights????? A lot and I mean a lot of people have complained about the EVF going blank when the shutter is triggered but you are the very first in recorded history of this and all other forums to complain that your's doesn't go blank! Well there it is ....You must have a defective P850. No...Now listen plese...You have one...I agree with you...If your camera is doing that it must be defective and needs to be returned under warranty for repair!

Please could you post a photo shot in Text mode? I know that camera of yours got out of the lab and Kodak has been hunting for it diligently. It must have been an experimentasl one with the EVF that stays open and the Experimental TEXT MODE setting. I can't speak for the Macro mode but believe you me the TEXT mode alone will get you in trouble with Kodak...That has to be a stolen camera. They will take it away from you and hold you until you come up with the answer as to why you have their new experimental TEXT mode Camera with the EVF that stays open during the
shutter firing. Just get another brand my friend because you will never like what Kodak has to offer. You will never try to make your camera work but will only complain when it isn't a DSLR. Well it isn't and it will never do the things you want. I'm being honest with you...You see we here in this forum cannot tell you why Kodak does anything. We're not privy to that info. We are never asked our opinion by them...We are never really listened to by them. We may be a part of a survey as to how we like our camera....You had the chance when you registered you know.....But why do it... they don't really listen.....And my friend so far NEITHER HAVE YOU!!!!
!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2006, 10:45 PM   #18

...quote the dawg, nevermore.