Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Oct 31, 2006, 4:21 AM   #1

I bought for present point'n'shoot C433 for my mother-in-law. She has Windows 98SE on her PC without Internet access.

Tried to install the software which comes with the camera but no chance - it requires Win2000 or higher.

Tried several USB drivers but again no chance. I am quite experienced with those usb drivers, till now have succeeded with several types of different digicams. With Kodak C433 I have failed.

Tried to download the current driver from Kodak web site but it is some kind of Internet installation - small file is downloaded first and later the installation goes in quiet mode (without control from the user).

It seems that Kodak did not support fully the old types of PC. I have to buy my mother-in-law also new PC and install Windows XP

Any help/advice from Kodak Windows 98SE users is welcome. I need only the USB driver, no need of Easyshare software.
mguergov(at)yahoo.com
mguergov is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 31, 2006, 7:55 AM   #2

For the moment, you may be better off getting a SD/MMC card reader if you can find one that's Win98-compatible.
Tom LaPrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2006, 8:11 AM   #3

Tom LaPrise wrote:
Quote:
For the moment, you may be better off getting a SD/MMC card reader if you can find one that's Win98-compatible.
My thoughts exactly...
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2006, 12:14 PM   #4

Ha ha, 10x, mine was the same, but first I have to give my mother-in-law SD card as a present
Now I am fighting with this USB connection problem because of the sport. I don't want to be beaten by Kodak marketing team
Old Dec 27, 2006, 2:59 PM   #5

I bought the C433 for a present because it clearly states on the Kodak website that it can work with a Windows 98 operating system !!

I have contacted the Kodak website and asked for them to supply me with a compatible disk by post. (The person this was for does not have an internet connection so can't download)

Initially Kodak emailed back and wanted to charge around £7 including P&P. I then advised that their website was "Misleading advertising" and they then agreed to supply Free of Charge. This applies to the UK, other countries may have different rules. They may have now changed their description on the website (this was Jan 07)

14Jan07 - Have finally managed to get this working !I loaded the driver and it worked fine. As soon as the Easyshare software was loaded the cameradisappearedas a separate drive ! I had to remove and then reinstall just the driver.

VictorMeldrewLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2006, 8:24 AM   #6

You folk should address a post with this problemto Ron Baird on this site or Mike O'Brien at the DPReview site.
domang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2006, 3:41 PM   #7

domang, 10x for the info.
I solved my problem buying card reader
Old Dec 30, 2006, 8:17 PM   #8

Excellant!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2007, 10:05 AM   #9

I am new here, just joined looking for the same answers to the Kodal c433 cam. I am happy to anounce, that if you go to the Kodak website, as I did by typing "c433 drivers win 98", it will take you to the specific web page, where you can click "camera support" then select your operating system being win 98, then simply download the whole new program suited to the camera for win 98. It works perfectly!. Be aware that the download is 30MB in size. You can then discard that useless CD that came with the camera.

Hope this helps even though this is an old thread now.

REGARDS Rob.
0zrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2007, 3:09 PM   #10

0zrob, as I have written in first post, when you click the link you download not a 30 MB file but a 609 KB installer file (later folows internet installation without any control from the user). You need to have a permanent Internet connection to install the driver. Some of the guys with old computers do not have such. I still doubt that this is possible for win98 users.