Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Nov 9, 2006, 12:12 AM   #1

Hello all. My dad was playing some songs on his bass tonight. Entertaining my mom, her friend, and my sister. >

It was fun. I got to take some pictures. Both ISO 1600 full zoom macro pictures. Kodak P880. Playing with black and whites, compostion, and angles.

Hope you enjoy.

Regards,

-En
En121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 9, 2006, 12:56 AM   #2

Great Shots. Glad I stumbled by here.

Rainer
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2006, 12:59 AM   #3

Thanks, Rainer!:-)
Quote:
Great Shots. Glad I stumbled by here.

Rainer
Old Nov 9, 2006, 2:50 AM   #4

Nice shots!

The 2nd one has nice lines that take your eyes into the image along rhe neck and strings.

You have the cover for dads next cd!!!!

BiLL:|
bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2006, 9:28 AM   #5

Very cool pictures... I really like the 2nd one... What kind of PP was done to clear up the noise issues... Also, were these interpolated or did you post the 0.8mp versions?
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2006, 10:43 AM   #6

Thanks everyone!

-Nick

I did some slight NR with gimp. A selective Gaussian blur of 10, with a radius of 3.0. And, I did resize to help hide the noise. They start out at 1024x768. I'd say its perfectly usable. For the internet. And maybe a 6x4 print.
I'll have to try that sometime. Here's one of the resized pictures without any of my NR.

Perfectly usable, and the perfect web sized picture! Thanks Kodak! XD

Regards,

-En
Quote:
Very cool pictures... I really like the 2nd one... What kind of PP was done to clear up the noise issues... Also, were these interpolated or did you post the 0.8mp versions?
Old Nov 9, 2006, 1:16 PM   #7

If the lighting permitted I think a deeper DOF would have been nice here... to maybe keep more of the neck of the bass in focus. But very cool shots regardless!
Old Nov 9, 2006, 1:23 PM   #8

inneyeseakay wrote:
Quote:
If the lighting permitted I think a deeper DOF would have been nice here... to maybe keep more of the neck of the bass in focus. But very cool shots regardless!
Given that these were taken at ISO1600 in a low lit sit at full zoom, I don't think the lighting would would have allowed anything but a wide open aperture. I like the effect caused by the limited DoF personally.

Rainer
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2006, 1:37 PM   #9

But the light didn't permit. The picture was shot at 1/60th full zoom no tripod. And if I used less zoom, or wide open, I might have messed up my dad while he was playing.

Locking down the aperture just wasn't an option. I probably could have done better with a P20. The on-board flash isn't really an option in that situation...since it's annoying and intrusive. With the P20 I could have bounced straight up at ISO 100 with 8mp resolution.:blah:

But anyway, thanks for the idea! I like the DOf, though. Just my own personal opinion. But then again, I'm the photographer who took the shot. :<

Regards,

-En
Quote:
f the lighting permitted I think a deeper DOF would have been nice here... to maybe keep more of the neck of the bass in focus. But very cool shots regardless!
Old Nov 9, 2006, 2:10 PM   #10

It's not a bad photo by any means... I just thought it might add to the effect to have the strings fade out of focus a little further down the instrument.

Like I said...This is a great shot, Ithink it's really well composed and thought out by a photographer with a lot of telent :blah: