Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Nov 9, 2006, 11:02 PM   #1

Heres a couple more moon shots thatI thought I'd share. Enjoy!

silverm3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 10, 2006, 1:38 AM   #2

Silver...yer gettin' real good with those moon shots! Those are some nice 'uns!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2006, 11:36 AM   #3

Thanks
Old Nov 11, 2006, 10:17 AM   #4

keep it up
Red Royalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2006, 1:45 AM   #5

Wow!... great Picture!... How did you take it? which settings at the camera?.. i got a z7590, i have tried to take a moon picture like that, but i cant... always appear like a coin:-(

Danccs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2006, 2:03 AM   #6

Danccs...Go here and look. I posted some photos of the moon and the EXIF data to go with them. Also here is a reply to Red when he asked how to shoot the moon!

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y84/dawgsworld/moons/

You have to have a tripod..No if's and's or but's here Red Royal! You also need to use the timer to set off the shutter. Just moving the shutter button by hand will vibrate the camera enough to give a blurry photo at these long zoom ranges. You have to use Spot Focus and Center Weight Metering. This will give you the best focus lock! You have to set the camera up for daytime shooting. The moon puts out so much light that you will get nothing but a bright ball if you don't go to faster speeds and use low to medium F/stops. I also like to set the camera to sharp instead of normal as at full digi-zoom it seems to give a sharper more defined photo of the moon! I also use ISO 80 as this is the lowest ISO available for my camera. Keep trying and have fun. Tonight's the full...full moon so I'll try to get some more. I'm still searching for that perfect moon shot. How many shots to get these three??? About thirty! LOL I keep trying! LOL

I might also add that you need to be in manual mode. This will allow you to change both the F/stop and the shutter speed to the one that works. Don't be put off by the appearance of the moon in the LCD. It will almost always be a blurry ball. But if you use the settings that I did (see the EXIF data on the photobucket sight) Then step by step move the shutter speed up or down till you start getting good photos in the review mode then you'll soon get the hang of it! Have fun!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2006, 9:32 PM   #7

Bigdawg pretty much summed it up. Tripod a must and don't forget a Telephoto lens. I forget my exact settings but I did that first one in black and white to try and make it darker and make it stand out more. As you can see in the second pic with color mode on it's very bright near the bottom.