Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Nov 10, 2006, 3:38 AM   #1

Hello,

New here in the Kodak forum, but i've been around for some time in the Pentax slr forum. I started -Well I really started with a Kodak Clicka long time ago- with a Kodak DX6490 upgraded to a Pentax IST-DL, and started to realise that I was missing a camera to put in my pocket. As my wife uses the DX6490 now, I had to buy something else. On E-bay I found one!, cheaper than my Zenitar fish-eye lens. The Kodak C743. Kodak because I really like the colours that come out of it.

I'm suprised what they put in the little box, It fits easily on the palm of your hand.

It comes with a decent manual on paper, the menu's are in Dutch. and it even has a bracketing function!

Shutterlag, with pre-focus, 7.1 Mp, and no zooming it took 0.05 to take a photo.That goes to almost a full second when you do not pre-focus. You can try your own camera here:

http://www.shooting-digital.com/colu...st/default.asp

It arrived yesterday evening, so I had to try it inside. Depending on the focus- and light metering settings, it cannot focus quite well inside I must say.But outside it goes well. Because it is a point and shoot, you have to go into the menu to change some settings, like under- or over exposure, but that's the nature of the thing of course. Update: You can changeexposure with thearrow buttonby all but the special programs.

I'm impressed by what Kodak can deliver for that money, I have to do some more shooting, but I'm quite satisfied with it, I'm walking with a camera at hand again!

This morning, on our way to school, my daughter ofseven took this one:

Attached Images

Ritro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 10, 2006, 7:06 AM   #2

Sehr schike! Not Dutch but close???

MikeS.
MikeS. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2006, 9:10 AM   #3

MikeS. schreef:
Quote:
Sehr schike! Not Dutch but close???

MikeS.

No :lol:, It looks like a kind of made up German Sehr = Zeer= Very, the other word:?

Richard.

Took this picture this afternoon no editting,just fitting it in size. It's one of our teachers cellibrating her birthday with two friends, in the class after the lessons.

Attached Images

Old Nov 10, 2006, 10:22 AM   #4

Ritro, good to see your daughter is starting early. And a good photo too. She needs one of her own you know. A camera that is! That's one of the good things about digital photography...it costs so little to start and there are no processing fees. I regularly allow my grandchildren to shoot with my DX6490...even the four year old twins. They now go directly to my computer room and get it and want to go outside and shoot some photos. Maybe it will wear off in a few years but I suspect it will stay with them for life! Welcome and show some more photos soon. I love this forum and the Easysharer's forum for the "slice of life" I get from all corners of the world.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2006, 1:12 PM   #5

Congfrats on your new camera. The second shot it great. REeally good quality and color. Hope you enjoy your time here.

Looking forward to more pictures!

Regards,

-En
En121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2006, 1:51 AM   #6

Sehr schike, very poor spelling on my part. I better stick to english.

What I meant was, Sehr schick. Very chic or more my meaning, very nice.

Nice work with the camera and thanks for sharing.

MikeS.
MikeS. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2006, 3:32 AM   #7

Thanks for the welcome!,

Dawg, she -and her other sister- has a camera, a Fuji finepix 1300. And they have acces to all camera's including the camcorder. They like to make comicbooks from pictures, most story's are played with their barbie's., and then printed.I told her what you wrote, and she agrees completely with you, she needs her own camera!Maybe she can come around some day ? :lol:

En,

Thanks, you don'thave much controll with a point and shoot, but this iswhatI mean by Kodak colours, I really like them also. Of course the subject is also atractive isn't it. I will make a lot of pictures with this one, but my Pentax is still my prime camera.

MikeS,

"Heel mooi" or "Heel fijn" is a good translation for that.

What happened to Esperanto :-)

Richard.

Attached Images

Old Nov 11, 2006, 9:56 AM   #8

A point and shoot can make you a better photographer as you can't chasnge what is there by changing a setting on the camera. Therefore you must find the right angel,be patient enough to wait for the right light and use what is available to make your art work! Like we used to do with the old brownies and instamatics.

Dawg
Old Nov 15, 2006, 3:10 AM   #9

After two days I had servere trouble with the camera. It does not recognise the pictures in memeory or the card and it locks up after taken one photo.

Called Kodak and they say that I have to try litium batteries first to look if it is a power "problem" So I'm off to town to find some litium penlite's, not quite commen around here I found out, as i've been in six shops already.

Hope to be around soon (Got some ISP problems also.)

Richard.

Old Nov 15, 2006, 11:40 AM   #10

Hope you get the problems resolved soon Richard!

Dawg