Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Nov 14, 2006, 8:21 AM   #1

Do you like the lcd viewfinder?

Does it take a aux. lens ? What size ?

No problems hand holding / screen viewing under various light?

BiLL

:|
bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 14, 2006, 9:18 AM   #2

I don't own one, but I have used one several times at work. I don't think it has a viewfinder at all, just an LCD screen, which seems to be a major negative for most. I also don't think there is anyway to attach an aux lens. No threads or anything that I have noticed while toying with it.

-Nick
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2006, 10:24 AM   #3

I know it has no view finder other than the lcd screen. My girlf friend has her eye on my z 730 and I was looking at this kodak and the Panasonic DMCtz1s with its 10x optical zoom, is and no finder other than the rear lcd but very compact size. I basicly want a very wide angle compact camera but with telephoto option via aux lens.

BiLL

:|
bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2006, 5:27 PM   #4

The Kodak C875 is a lower priced 8.0 mp so it doesn't have some things. I like it because of it's nice big lens that you don't usually see on the pocket size point and shoots. You cannot use threaded adapters on the lens and it doen't have a wide angle. The pocket Kodaks that do are the V series dual lens, but stillno add on capabilities. The photos are more accuate (composition wise) without using a viewfinder because the screen is directly from the lens view where as a view finder on a point and shoot will usually be a little off from the lens.

The size is perfect and the viewfinder is nice and big and works well under any light. I like it beacuse of the nice lens and the ability to make pictures from video right on the camera.

-dre
dredarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2006, 7:27 AM   #5

Bill-

I am like dre, I don't especially like the LCD only factor, but the LCD is very workable under almost any light, so I put up with it. The big features of the camera, at least for me,are the resolution, camera size, and lens. It a nice combination.

Sarah
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote