I have to buy some Accessories for My 6490, Like :

1. Battery
2. Power AC Adapter
3 . Lens Hood
3. Wide-Angle Lens
4. Tele Poto Lens
5. Filters
6. External Flasher

Please sugguest me wheter i should buy or not, I mean those are really helpful or not.

Thanks

rajiv

indianguy077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 21, 2006, 9:16 AM   #2

Rajiv...It's according to what type photos you are most interested in. The wide angle lens really helps with those wide vista landscapes and the telephoto helps with wildlife shots. The filters such as a UV and a Polorizer help with both! If you shoot a lot of indoor photos you need the Auxilliary flash..which can be usful with large gatherings of people as well in the fill flash dept! The AC adapter is good if you are shooting lots and lots of photos in a stationary place and don't want to worry about running out of power. An extra battery and an extra SD card are almost a must. That is the first things I bought for mine. Hope this helps.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2006, 1:30 PM   #3

I agree with Dawg. The SD card and an extra battery were the first things I bought for my camera when I got it. I have two batteries, and depending on what I'm shooting...I can go through both of them before I know it. I'll probably end up buying a third one. After thatI got the external flash and my wide and tele lenses. Like Dawg said...it depends on what you primarily use your camera for.

Dani
afdani1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2006, 3:56 PM   #4

Like the others have said, depends on what you're shooting Rajiv.Extra battery +sd card would be my first priority...If I had to give up all but one- I'd keep the external flash

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2006, 6:30 AM   #5

Thanks Bigdawg, Afdani & Dan for comments.

Extra SD card/Card Reader I already have. So, first i have to buy Extra Battery and External Flash.......

Please some can give me more information about compatable Flash with 6490.

Thanks

Old Nov 24, 2006, 7:01 PM   #6

Rajiv, I use a Sunpak 144 auto pc flash with my 7590,I know it also works well with the 6490.It connects with a pc synch cord to the camera. The 383 model is also popular. Many other brands are available, but I am not familiar with them..Perhaps others can weigh in here. Sarah is very knowledgable about flash and hopefully she'll see this....A link for some...http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...amp;Submit.y=7

Dan

Old Nov 27, 2006, 1:27 AM   #7

dan279 wrote:

Thanks Dan for this one, One more query about the same, this flash is connects with pc synch cord to the camera and how can we put this on camera ?

Tnx

rajiv
Quote:
Rajiv, I use a Sunpak 144 auto pc flash with my 7590,I know it also works well with the 6490.It connects with a pc synch cord to the camera. The 383 model is also popular. Many other brands are available, but I am not familiar with them..Perhaps others can weigh in here. Sarah is very knowledgable about flash and hopefully she'll see this....A link for some...http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...amp;Submit.y=7

Dan

Old Nov 27, 2006, 4:33 PM   #8

here's my setup

Attached Images

Old Nov 27, 2006, 4:38 PM   #9

whoa, sorry for the big size....the thumbscrew on the bottom goes in the tripod mount on the camera. Also has its own hole to mount the bracket (and camera)on a tripod if you wish. Many different price range, brands, types..The newer folding brackets are becoming very popular
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...=&ci=10808

Dan

Old Nov 28, 2006, 2:23 AM   #10

dan279 wrote:

Thanks again 'Dan' for help. So it means it contain External Flasher and Bracket (Flash frame). We can fix any type of bracket or frame for any flasher and the last query is which type flasher is comtaible with Kodak 6490 (Except yours).

Thanks a lots

rajiv
Quote:
whoa, sorry for the big size....the thumbscrew on the bottom goes in the tripod mount on the camera. Also has its own hole to mount the bracket (and camera)on a tripod if you wish. Many different price range, brands, types..The newer folding brackets are becoming very popular
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...=&ci=10808

Dan