Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Nov 27, 2006, 10:48 AM   #1

Hi All!!

I'm new to this forum, so please don't be too harsh on me

Anyway, got a Kodak DX7590 since a bit more than a year now. Been taking all sorts of pictures and have found out that provided the conditions are alright, then this middle range digital camera is quite capable of some fantastic results.

But now, I was wondering if I can still bettter its capabilities by making use of intelligently selected add-ons.

Therefore, I was thking about getting1 or moresuitable but affordable zoom lenses, as well as a teleconvertor/telephoto lens.

Could Kodak DX7590 users/experts please guide me, provide more details and explanations and also, tell me about the add-on lenses they have bught and found extremely useful and benefitial and performant with the DX7590?

Many many many thanks in advance!!!

Sam.
SimplyPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 27, 2006, 11:23 AM   #2

If you need more zoom, you should go with the tcon17 from olympus

Its 1.7x mgnification makes your 10x zoom to 17x zoom (38mm-646mm) !!

If you need a wide-angle, go with the kodak 0.7x or the raynox hd6600 0.66x lens

If you buy some lens or filters, be sure to have the 55mm adapter from kodak !

Boily
Boily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2006, 11:48 AM   #3

Ah cheers mate!

Are they any sigma zoom lenses that can be used with the Kodak DX7590 which would bring added performance in terms of zoom, focus, clarity of image etc?

Thanks again, Sam.
Old Nov 27, 2006, 11:59 AM   #4

I don't think there is some sigma teleconverters for super-zooms !!

The only thing I am sure of its that the tcon17 is the best teleconverter you can get for the dx7590

The quality of the glass is very good, it offers a good magnification and its light :-)

Boily
Old Nov 27, 2006, 12:05 PM   #5

Your camera is not of the interchangable lens type. This limits you to a aux. lens that will go in front of your existing lens the degree of telephoto or wide angle expansion is limited.

The smartest thing you can do is avoid those off brands that are very inexpensive.

A cheap lens can become very costly when you add the cost of replacing it with a good one.

Make asearch within this kodak forum for aux. lens or telephoto lens or wide angle lens.

From you reply of "cheers mate" I would guess you are from England. We have a good mix of Kodak users rom around the world here.

Remember research is free so do a lot of it before you decide on what to buy.

You may also like a circular polarizer that will fit your aux. lens adaptor so it can be used on you camera and between your camera and aux lens.

Feel free to post some of your work. Viewers and poster gain from the feed back it will generate.

BiLL

:|
bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2006, 12:08 PM   #6

Quote:
The smartest thing you can do is avoid those off brands that are very inexpensive.

A cheap lens can become very costly when you add the cost of replacing it with a good one.
x2
Old Nov 27, 2006, 12:57 PM   #7

Amen to the Don't Get The Ceap Glass. Go with either the Olympus TCON-17 or thwe Kodak 1.4 Tele-converter! Raynox makes some good ones too but they cost more. The most bang for the buck is the Olympus lens. Cost less than the Kodak and gives a little more zoom. These oare not interchangeable lens and there are none for this camera! A UV filter and a Polorizing filter are very good additions to this type camera and will aid photography even without an auxilliary lens. Here are a cooupkle of shots to show how well the TCON-17 from olympus will work!

This one is without the Tcon and at the widest angle of the DX6490 wich has the same lens set up as your camera.

Attached Images

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2006, 12:59 PM   #8

This one is a shot using the Tcon-17 and full camera zoom.....not digital zoom.
Attached Images

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2006, 2:27 AM   #9

Hi Bigdawg,

Can you post wide angle lesn's example, i mean some shots with or without use that wide lens for 6490 or 7590.

thanks

rajiv
indianguy077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2006, 9:49 AM   #10

Bloody hell :O

Bigdawg, is the 2nd picture taken from exactly the same spot where the first one was taken? Same distance? :O

If it is, then I'm getting an Olympus TCON tomorrow :shock:!!

Cheers for all the inputs guys!!! And no I'm not British, I'm in sunny Mauritius :|