Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Dec 8, 2006, 10:19 AM   #1

Hello,

I installed the Kodak Easyshare software that came with my C330 camera. I don't use it often, and therefore have no need for it to start automatically when the computer boots up (Windows XP Pro). I can't find any setting in the Easyshare software that allows me to switch off this option, so at the moment when the computer boots upI manually right click the icon in the startup try to shut it down. It is annoying having to do this. Is there a turn-offoption for this in the software? Using MSConfig it can be unchecked from starting, but this seems to cause problems, as other programs in startup are affected - or maybe I am not using MSConfig correctly.

Thanks,

Yallourn
yallourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 8, 2006, 11:19 AM   #2

yallourn-

Why not uninstall the program. That is what I did.

MT/Sarah
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2006, 11:26 AM   #3

I've been using msconfig to adjust my startup since Win98 first edition and have yet to cause a problem. Maybe you could be more specific about what you have unchecked and what problems you are having.

If a program doesn't have a setting to not put the icon on the tray then preventing it from starting is the only way I know of to eliminate the icon. You might try looking up all of the entries you unchecked in this list. It has cautions for specific entries. http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2006, 9:31 PM   #4

Problem solved.

I have unchecked Kodak EasyShare software, and Kodak software updater in MsConfig (Win XP Pro), and rebooted the computer. A pop-up message about switching from Normal to Selective Startup appeared, but allI had to do was uncheck thispop-up toprevent it from appearing every time the computer is booted. (This pop-up didn't appear in Win 98, before my recent computer and Windows upgrade; the Selective Startup simply took place automatically, with no scary warning messages on bootup.) Everything seems to be OK. The idea now wouldbe tostart EasyShare immediately prior to uploading pics from the camera to hard disc, but to leave it dormant the rest of the time.

Thanks for all responses.

Yallourn
yallourn is offline   Reply With Quote