Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Dec 8, 2006, 7:29 PM   #1

Sometimes I feel that the C series Kodak cameras get overlooked. I bought a C-875 and have really enjoyed it a lot. Then Ritmo/Richard got a bad/defective C-743 which Kodak instantly replaced for him, but we have not hear much more about the new C-743. BigDwag also uses his wife's C-series camera as well and like it too.

Then I noticed that this week's Walmart Circular for our are was featuring the C-743 for $149.95, so I though I would do a little test. What makes this camera so attractive, at least to me, is that it is small enough to tuck into your pocket and carry it with you very easily. Plus it is very stable and does not need IS, and it has a great LCD.

I reduced the resolution on my C-875 to 7.2mp so it shoots like a C-743, and I wanted to show you the result' which i think is pretty darned good for a $150.00 camera. It is $139.00 on the internet.

MT/Sarah
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 9, 2006, 4:08 AM   #2

You state my idea about the little one perfectly Sarah!

I bought it for 130 euro's on the internet (e-bay) and, with a small delay, have had it in my pocket ever since. After the problems with the first one, i did put in a Lithium battery. Because the servicepoint stated that "That kind of camera needs a lot of power", it works fine, and when you put in a 2 Gb sd-card in you can shoot for months if you want.

I'm really happy with it.

I may not put any pictures taken at school on the internet - not with children on it- but I may give a link, this serie is completely taken with the Kodak C743

http://www.petrusenpaulusschool.nl/f...wart/zwart.htm

Richard.

b.t.w. I do think that the first one I had had a point in the menu to putthe "digital red eye reduction"on or off. This one does not have that. Would you be so nice to check yours for such a point? It can be my age of course..................

Ritro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2006, 7:37 AM   #3

Richard-

The photos of the children are really great. You captured the event very well, indeed. No, I don't have the so called "digital red eye reduction" on my camera either. I believe that is part of Kodak's Perfect Touch system that was introduced this past summer.

Enjoy your camera. Like, you, I carry mine with me all the time. It is so handy and it does so well with high quality quick snapshots.

MT/Sarah
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2006, 10:52 AM   #4

Thanks Sarah for your kinds words on the "Zwarte Piet"pictures. These aren't my best. But the kids love to see themselve on the school's website of course.

Richard.

b.tw. I shoot in 6.1 to get apicture without cropping or cutting when printed by Kodak or Hema.

Ritro is offline   Reply With Quote