Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Dec 9, 2006, 4:29 PM   #1

Not sure if anyone was interested in making a hard case for a fraction of the cost of a name brand one, but here's what I did. I picked up a nice briefcase from a thrift store for $2 (had to guess combo to unlock it). Then I went to a crafts store and picked up a 27"x77"x1" sheet of high-density foam. I layed about threelayers of bubble wrap (will soon be replaced with fleece material) then cut camera andaccessorysized holes to hold everything securely. This is what the almost final product looks like. (have to wait til after christmas to finish it up).

What do you think?
Attached Images

inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 10, 2006, 12:18 AM   #2

Did you purchase the *istDL with your ps3 money? I really like Pentax.
cwguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2006, 12:28 AM   #3

Nick..I plan to do something simular but will have to do two cases as I have too many lenses to put in one case! I've access to some black foam used to store tooling and it is quite dense but easy to carve! Yours looks just fine to me. A lot better than having it rattle around in a back pack! LOL How's the camera doing?

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2006, 6:15 AM   #4

Nice job, Nick...and cheap!

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2006, 9:25 AM   #5

cwguy wrote:
Quote:
Did you purchase the *istDL with your ps3 money? I really like Pentax.
Actually some guy traded me this thing for my P880 because he didn't like the fact that it didn't have a live viewfinder and couldn't figure out how to work half of the features. And it was only two days old, with the circuit city receipt. He also thought it was broken due to the sound it makes when it takes pictures, ROFL. A person like that doesn't need a camera like this.

BigDawgwrote:
Quote:
How's the camera doing?
Dawg, I LOVE it! I have developed LBA already and picked up a Chinon 50mm, Sigma28-105mm, Pentax 35-105mm, and a Sigma 100-300mm. It's so great not having to sacrafice a nice zoom for wide angle all on one camera. The ISO 1600 is beautiful and I can shoot it at full resolution. The picture attached was taken at 300mm, ISO 1600, on a tripod. What do you think?

BigDawgwrote:
Quote:
A lot better than having it rattle around in a back pack!
Actually I prefer the backpack setup, but the floating and moving really bothered me, that's why I put this case together. But after finishing this, I realized... "Hey, I can do the same thing with the backpack. So I cut more foam and lined the bottom of the back pack and reinforced all the walls in there. Now I have something that's easier to carry at the zoo or park, but I don't have to worry about rattle and rolling, but I will still use the briefcase when I just take the camera with my on my daily duties, I think it's permanantly attached.
Attached Images

inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2006, 2:44 PM   #6

Hey there, Nick. I haven't been around a lot. But that's a great picture... congrats on the camera! I still have my trusty P880. Haven't been using it so much ately, though. Been busy playing with the NIntendo Wii. (Me = avid gamer.) :G

Regards,

-En
En121 is offline   Reply With Quote