Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Dec 10, 2006, 6:11 PM   #1

TIA .

I made my purchase , not based on the reviews, so many with different ratings of good or bad.

1. noticed that the battery is a 3vdc and aa's can fit in the camera, but will not work , unless adapted with a special jumper?

2. turning on my Z612 the WoW factor hit me, and i already calmed down.

3. manual, paper not great at all ? Wonder if there is a online manual? which I know in the book it mentions over and over go to http?*******, as well as " DO not move the camera usea tripod:-)".

cannot worry it got me started like the first few pages says take a picture first then worry bout the cotrols later. never tell that toa person who drives a car?

Not complaining but will take thetime to learn he camera, love its features, and camera.

5. software is nothing special, preferre to use one that does not name my .jpeg. kodaksharing? Will need to look into that again.

Just wanted to say i am a proud owner of the kodak Z612 played around with the film (video) cannot comment, but yes it does wonderfuly ina low light situation a lil grainy but wonderful. the instructions claims lcd must be on, while it can be off. hmmm

Picture taking well not gonna go gong ho? just here is a shot enjoy (see below)

again thank you and happy i got this camera ,will purchase a compact for the hell of it. always great to have a back up.

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 10, 2006, 7:14 PM   #2

Z612 manual

found the online manual .wish Uit was on the book LOL.

80 plus pages
Old Dec 11, 2006, 9:04 AM   #3

got out and grabbed 3 shots one the moon was out in the mourning real nice , snapped a regular wide sho, then zoomed in 12x and not much light came in but a goodshot, and this 12x zoomed up one thought I post it? love thecamera need to find how to get the battery Icon up?

Old Dec 11, 2006, 9:53 AM   #4

Have patience and use the camera a lot to get at ease with the cintrols and zoom in Auto Mode. Then start playing with the maual modes. First step after a week or so in Auto Mode is to go to P mode or (program mode) Very simular to Auto mode but you can change the ISO and focus and exposure metering settings as well as the white balance. Just a more useful Auto Mode really. Have fun and have patience till you know that camera's full usefulness. It will come with time and patience!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2006, 10:45 AM   #5

thanks Big Dawg .

those are Kind words, and excellent advice, will take slow, amazed howhow the jpeg shows extreme detail, noticed the dust in one of my shots. WoW!.

thanks again
Old Dec 11, 2006, 12:36 PM   #6

Hey Fish!

Now you know why I think those hybrids are "Jack of All but Master of None".:idea:

Now you can take pictures and film clips that don't make you have to research why they look mediocre.:shock:

Just before sun set you can get som feeding egrets and herons by the green bridge at the salt marsh.

You should also look into the free program AutuStich for making panos.

Regards,

Bill

:|
bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2006, 2:03 PM   #7

thanks Bill......

Sad news is I returned the Kodak Z612

video on my back yard are how sad (lol) click me

wanted a good Model, this was it, liked the extras it all had, Just could not deal with the small view finder in electronics, and the small lettering of icons on top, thought they wouldat least be a font bigger

I also did not like the idea how my hand covered a led that may or may not have been a sensor.

I also did not like the idea how butcan understand saving a tree. leaving out great detail in a manual, online andabove I found the manual.

could have given one besides wasting it on other languages, but its best they are friendly.

Did not like how there was nota inner cover or auto lens cap, forgettingto take off it pops off while a slide on.

I do not know if it is me I felt very picky and the people at the return dept, wonder why i returned a great priced unit?

I wil hold off and wait till all sales are off, and the newer modelshit our stores.

the Hybrids I own, never compare to a professional digital camera,

I am replacing my olympus d490z ,still works reader on pc gve out LOL

Mpeg4 compression has still to be worked on, as you see in my video at the start it has what we like to say prismatic effects? all natural to Video