Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Dec 26, 2006, 2:32 PM   #1

I am not sure if anyone else has writtten about this, but there is a big fault with the 8mp C875. I bought one just before Christmas, and immediately noticed that the camera shuts off within a few minutes. Nothing on the Kodak site about that problem, but I have found at least FIVE other complaints about the same thing on the internet. Mine is going back, today.
I am not a novice with cameras, just got this as it looked good for keeping in the pocket.
eyecatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 26, 2006, 5:33 PM   #2

You would be spitting more blood if you left it switched on and the battery went flat.

It's know as sleep mode, just press the shutter button and it will wake up.
Cold Snail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2006, 7:21 PM   #3

Do you mean it shuts off while you are using it, or when it's just sitting there not being touched? Because every camera in existence ever as far as I know will turn off automatically after a few minutes. (Leaving an LCD screen on for no reason drains battery like you wouldn't believe)
Morag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2006, 7:35 PM   #4

All point-n-shoot digital cameras that I haveowned orused extensively do this. It saves your batteries, as Cold Snail and Morag2 have pointed out. You might be able to change the amount of time before the camera goes to sleep within the camera's setup menu.

eyecatcher wrote:
Quote:
I am not sure if anyone else has writtten about this, but there is a big fault with the 8mp C875. I bought one just before Christmas, and immediately noticed that the camera shuts off within a few minutes. Nothing on the Kodak site about that problem, but I have found at least FIVE other complaints about the same thing on the internet. Mine is going back, today.
I am not a novice with cameras, just got this as it looked good for keeping in the pocket.
flippedgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2006, 8:00 PM   #5

eyecatcher wrote:
Quote:
There is an auto power off function in the camera menu that allows you to set auto power off for either 1, 3 (default), 5 or 10 minutes. Could this be your problem?
ronsec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2007, 4:56 PM   #6

Greetings Eyecatcher,

Sorry to hear about your experience.

As noted, the camera comes with a setting that will turn the camera off if it is not used within a given amount of time. It is an option you can set, so you can leave the camera in ready longer if you like.

Actually, that model is pretty nice and relatively popular. Great options for the money. Check the newest cameras, an 8 meg and 10 meg V camera.

Talk to you soo,

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company
Ronbaird is offline   Reply With Quote