Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jan 26, 2007, 10:20 PM   #1

I have a P850 and lately, it's acting odd. When I go to review photos, it starts going through them and then gets "stuck" on a number (the number doesn't change as I move the knob back & forth) and just switches back and forth between only two to three photos. It hasn't been dropped and nothings been spilled or anything near it. It's just annoying and a pain. Also, if I try to shoot in the "red-eye" reducer mode, it snap the pic but then turns completly off. I'm hoping nothing serious is wrong :?:sad:Anyone have any ideas?
scrappynik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 27, 2007, 4:33 AM   #2

Is the battery charged? Just a question. The only time I have the problem of it lagging is because of low battery juice. A friend of mine also just fixed her camera, she opened it up and replaced a small battery inside of it. I don't suggest you do this unless you like to mess with gadgets and such. Other wise I have no clue.

Hope you get more great advice from the great people here.

ZG
zgphotofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2007, 9:11 AM   #3

Are your shots stored on the internal memory or a card? I'd try saving some test shots to each and then see if this problem occurs in both modes. Maybe its a faulty card. BTW, I'd do what ZG recommends and make sure you have a fully-charged battery.

Greg/P880 owner
gregm1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2007, 10:44 AM   #4

The battery is fully charged when this happens and I've tried with and without a memory card, even different memory cards, and it still is happening :?I've had this camera for less than 6 months so it's pretty frustrating.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 10:51 AM   #5

Sounds like some sort of logic error. Methinks it's time you contacted Kodak tech support, Nik...
flippedgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2007, 11:09 AM   #6

Chris-

There is one more thing Niki can do. Take the battery completely out of the camera for for 24 hours or more. Then, re-install the battery. You will have to reset the clock, but this will also cause the P-850 to re-initialize itself, and that may clearup the issue.

Then, if that does not address the issue, give Kodak Tech Service a call.

MT/Sarah
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2007, 12:06 PM   #7

Thanks Sarah. I'll try the battery thing and then try it tomorrow and see if that helped at all. xxxfingers crossed!xxx I'll let you all know how it goes!
Old Feb 2, 2007, 11:05 AM   #8

You may have a picture that is corrupted (its file). If the pictures are on a removable memory card rather than internal memory remove the card from the camera and place it in the card reader of your computer. Cancel/Close out of any programs/help screens that may show up. Open My Computer and right click on the removable drive that is the memory card. Select Properties from the shortcut menu. Click the Tools tab and the the Check Now... button under Error checking... . A dialog boxwill appear, place a checkmark the line "Automatically fix file system errors." and click the Start button. This should fix the problem file or at least allow access to the rest of the pictures on the card.

These instructions are for Windows Me/2000/XP. I can't help you with Mac OS X or Linux.
ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2007, 5:38 PM   #9

Hi Scrappy,

Sorry you are having trouble.

Checking the battery is a good idea. Also, I suggest removing all the images from your card and formatting the memory in the camera. If a file has been corrupted somehow it can make the camera react.

Once you have removed all images (saved on your computer of course) retry the process. Also, are you using favorites? (storing smaller versions of some pictures in the favorites of the camera)? If you are remember which ones and reduce or remove them then retry.

Let me know how you make out. I will help if I can.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company
Ronbaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2007, 8:54 PM   #10

Ronbaird wrote:
Quote:
Hi Scrappy,

I suggest removing all the images from your card and formatting the memory in the camera. If a file has been corrupted somehow it can make the camera react.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company
Quote:
Hi Scrappy,
Quote:
On reformating, if the pictures don't all get saved, it may be you have a corrupted file or phot.
Quote:
If the photos are important, there is software on the Internet that can recover even corrupted files/photos.
Quote:
Gary
bayani is offline   Reply With Quote