Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Feb 14, 2007, 9:05 PM   #1

When I bought my Z612, it included EasyShare 5.x. I tried upgrading to ver 6.x through the Kodak website. It supplies the install.exe file. Then after installation, the upgrade software tries to download the needed files (about 40MB?) from the Kodak site.

But there is always a failure to complete the process. I've tried several times.

Is there a way I can download the whole file so that I can install at one time as if installing from a CD?

Thanks,

Gary
bayani is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 14, 2007, 11:38 PM   #2

I've looked at several download sites and they eventually take you to the Kodak setup. You might contact Kodak and ask them where you can get a regular program download.

Did you disable your anti-virus? Evidently AV software plays havoc with the Kodak install for some reason. You might also consider disabling your firewall.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2007, 11:05 PM   #3

slipe wrote:
Quote:
I've looked at several download sites and they eventually take you to the Kodak setup. You might contact Kodak and ask them where you can get a regular program download.

Did you disable your anti-virus? Evidently AV software plays havoc with the Kodak install for some reason. You might also consider disabling your firewall.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions. I'll take a look at them.

Gary
Old Feb 20, 2007, 2:09 PM   #4

Greetings,

Sorry, I was off working on a new project for a while.

Kodak delivers EasyShare software in the form of a CD or better from its website. It will autoupdate the software as new versions are made available -a choice you make at installation. I am afraid that is the only way it is delivered from the web.

Are you installing via a phone modem? If so, I will try to get a version CD and send it to you. Let me know your situation and I will help further.

Best Regards,

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company
Ronbaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2007, 10:26 PM   #5

Ronbaird wrote:
Quote:
Greetings,

Sorry, I was off working on a new project for a while.

Kodak delivers EasyShare software in the form of a CD or better from its website. It will autoupdate the software as new versions are made available -a choice you make at installation. I am afraid that is the only way it is delivered from the web.

Are you installing via a phone modem? If so, I will try to get a version CD and send it to you. Let me know your situation and I will help further.

Best Regards,

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company
Ron,

Just realized I double-posted this same query on two different threads.

Thanks for your help. My other comments in the other thread.

Gary