Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Feb 18, 2007, 2:35 PM   #1

just had a newsletter email from kodak as I guess others have also (uk)

some refurb kodak bargains to be had if anyone is thinking of getting one anytime soon, a P850 for £139 delivered sounds pretty good to me!

http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQueri...q-locale=en_GB

hope this info is useful!
Sibling Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 18, 2007, 6:58 PM   #2

O this side of the big pond Kodak USA refurbs cost morew than new ones (compared to Amazon, Staples and Best Buy just to name a few)

BiLL

:|
bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2007, 12:16 PM   #3

but US prices are generally much cheaper than UK prices. As a general rule of thumb you tend to pay in US Dollars what we pay in GB Pounds, which makes things about twice as expensive for us!

currently amazon.co.uk price on the P850 is £249.99
Sibling Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2007, 2:31 PM   #4

Hi Sibling,

Refurbs from Kodak are excellent deals. When I buy a camera I always go for the refurb....and I work at Kodak.

The reason I do is that refurbished/reconditioned products offer you the opportunity to purchase high quality Kodak products at a substantial savings.

Most of these products have either been returned to Kodak from retailers 'channel returns,' or used by Kodak for testing or demonstration purposes. Prior to making them available for sale, Kodak inspects each product and makes any repairs necessary to ensure that the product you receive functions as well as our new products.

Here in the US and I believe in the UK, refurbished products come with the same warranty as the one offered on our new products. Refurbished products sold through a Kodak program, i.e. on our web site, come with a 30-DAY MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE so you can buy with confidence.

Talk to you later,

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company
Ronbaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2007, 5:41 AM   #5

Ronbaird wrote:
Quote:
Hi Sibling,

Refurbs from Kodak are excellent deals. When I buy a camera I always go for the refurb....and I work at Kodak.

Here in the US and I believe in the UK, refurbished products come with the same warranty as the one offered on our new products. Refurbished products sold through a Kodak program, i.e. on our web site, come with a 30-DAY MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE so you can buy with confidence.

Talk to you later,

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company

Two additional points....in addition to the generous 30 day return policy, Kodak U.S. does not charge a restocking fee (other places may charge 10-25% to return)...also, Kodak U.S. sells some refurbished cameras on Ebay (link below)....as an example a P880 Ebay "buy it now" is $299.05 plus $10 shipping plus sales tax....P880 auction items are going for around $260 - 290US plus ship and tax.....

http://stores.ebay.com/Kodak-Outlet

Regards, John....

jpfromoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2007, 5:55 AM   #6

Ronbaird wrote:
Quote:
Most of these products have either been returned to Kodak from retailers 'channel returns,' or used by Kodak for testing or demonstration purposes

Talk to you later,

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company
Ron, good morning....a quick question....can you please define a "retailers 'channel return'"? I think I know the answer but I would like your take on this as well.

Thanks, John....
jpfromoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2007, 2:57 PM   #7

I like buying from Kodak's US refurb site for an unusual situation. If there's ever a recall on a product Kodak is super quick on letting you know if you bought it on the refurb site, personal experience.

While youMIGHT get a new camera online for less than the refurb price you won't get a better new price from any normal retail outlet.

I've only purchased two cameras from Kodak's refurb site but both have been very good.
ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2007, 12:13 PM   #8

I agree. The customer service rocks and the product is high quality. My P850 is the best camera I've owned. I know that the DSLRs are better but for a poor dude like me, this $250 baby does the job. :-)
bravedeer is offline   Reply With Quote