Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Mar 4, 2007, 8:52 PM   #1

Hello everyone, I just bought a Kodak Easyshare z612 the other day. What I want to do with it is to transfer the photos I have taken from the camera to the computer without the use of the easyshare software. I only installed the driver through a custom install, but the camera still does not show up as a seperate driver on the My Computer page. I am running a windows ME (sucks), so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, when I go to look at the camera through the cameras and file folders area in the Control Panel, it says the device is unavailable even though it is hooked up and turned on.
Mookle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 5, 2007, 4:51 AM   #2

I can't help you much here as I've never used ME before. I had a problem with my DX6490. It wouldn't hook up with my computer because of a defective plug- in for the USB cable. So I got a card reader and have never looked back. Wouldn't hook my camera up again if I had to!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2007, 3:57 PM   #3

I've never used ME either, but I believe you'll need to install the camera connection software. you can do that thru the custom install option and not have the whole easyshare program

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2007, 5:19 PM   #4

I have installed the Camera Connection Software through a custom install, but while the computer does recognize my camera, it does not see it as a seperate drive where I can get to the files on it.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 10:27 PM   #5

Don't ask me how or why, but the camera now appears when I hook it up to my computer. thank you all for your help.