Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Mar 26, 2007, 8:59 PM   #11

Nice collection. What are you going to do with the Kodak?

dr_spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2007, 1:25 AM   #12

Andy I've gotten some great bargains from Ebay on lenses. That 350mm lens you see on the far left I got for $4.34 plus shipping. It is in pristine condition and a very high quality Japanes lens. The 400mm Alpex lens I got for $54.01 plus shipping not as good a bargain but again a very high quality vintage lens. All metal and glass like they used to make them. The 100-500mm Samyang cost me about the same as the 400mm lens but is a much newer one and autofocus and auto zoom!All in all for less that 200 dollars I'm set up with enough lenses and teleconverters for quite some time! The main thing is to know what you want and then determine if the one up for auction is a good one or a peice of trash....Really is a buyer beware type of market. So far I've nothing but good things to say about the folks I've dealt with. Everything they said the lens would be turned out to be true!
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2007, 1:27 AM   #13

Spock...I'm gonna keep it and use it for my carry around camera. It for me is just right to throw in my pocket when I go out. The K10D will be for those weekend photo safaris and the vacation trips to the beach and the Smokies!

Dawg
Old Mar 27, 2007, 9:46 AM   #14

You really got some nice lenses there Dawg. They look real nice in that nice case. Sounds like you got some terrific buys off ebay. looking forward to seeing some pictures from your new DSLR Pentax. I would imagine that it will take time to get on to it. andy 74
andy74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2007, 10:01 AM   #15

Congrats on the new gear!

Gotta be really nice to have IS with older lenses = a killer combo.
Bailey59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2007, 11:44 AM   #16

Thanks Andy...And Bailey the old lenses are so much better made....you can get such sharp photos from an old Super Takumar or Vivitar series 1 or Carl Ziess Jenna lens. And they are so robust and well made that they will last forever if taken care of. I plan on getting a Full set of the old M42 Super Takumar prime lenses...Won't be too hard till I try for a 50mm 1:1.4 or a 100mm macro or anything 300mm and up! LOL The prices right now on some of these is out rageous!

Dawg
Old Mar 27, 2007, 7:01 PM   #17

Yahooo Congratulations Bigdawg !!!

Great purchase

Hope you will like your new camera !

You will see that its easier to get clean shots with a dslr
Boily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2007, 2:11 AM   #18

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
Finally got the money out of Little Dawg for the Camera....A K10D Pentax with the Kit lens and an extra battery and a 1 gig card.
Dawg

Just curious - what's a Pentax thread doing in a Kodak forum?
bayani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2007, 10:17 AM   #19

I'm a Kodak owner that has been posting here for quite some time and am now buying a new camera that just happens to be a Pentax brand. I'm sharing that news with my friends. And now you as well. It's about the friendship and comraderie here more so than the camera brand....we have all helped and learned from each other for so long that we are now a close bunch. Hope you don't mind.

You'll also notice that I'm mainly talking about a Briefcase tool carrier that can be used to carry all sorts of gear including Kodak gear.

Also found a great deal on an aluminum Briefcase tool box to store the long lenses in. Here's a look at the case! Case is sold at Home Depot for less than 20 dollars. You can get it in all Aluminum finish or Black or Red!

Dawg
Old Mar 28, 2007, 10:37 AM   #20

Hey B. Dawg

Looks like all the new lawyers are flocking to the Kodak forum to practice!

BiLL

:-):-):-):-):-):G
bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote