Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Mar 28, 2007, 3:53 PM   #21

Dbill2468 wrote:
Quote:
Hey B. Dawg

Looks like all the new lawyers are flocking to the Kodak forum to practice!

BiLL

:-):-):-):-):-):G
Denny Crane!!!!

Disclosure Statement: I am a Kodak owner/user. I am currently sitting at a desk which displays photos of my children taken with various Kodak cameras. Said desk could also double as a stand for a Kodak printer dock.
FaciaBrut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2007, 8:19 PM   #22

Naw...you've got him wrong Bill. He asked in polite terms a pertinate question which I replied in a kind and respectful way. No question like that should ever be banned or made fun of. Just not my way. He asked and I replied. Nuff said. And Bayani...Never fear asking anything of me. I will answer truthfully. We are brother and sister photographers here. Brand does matter to a certain amount but that doesn't mean other cameras that we as Kodak owners have shouldn't be discussed. If this place ever gets to be as bad as DP review then I will leave it as well. The easysharers forum is the one for me. I've just got so many good friends here that I've refused to quit posting here. I hope it stays this way as JimC and Steve and all the other moderators have been very lenient in allowing us to post the way we do. I won't try to turn this into a Pentax forum but at the same time I refuse not to mentionthe K10Dor my K1000 from time to time.

Dawg...This is post No 8,325 from this Kodak Forum....Anybody got more?
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2007, 11:44 PM   #23

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
And Bayani...Never fear asking anything of me. I will answer truthfully. We are brother and sister photographers here.
Big Dawg,

No offense taken. Like I said, just curious.

No serious photographer should turn down opportunities to learn more about our craft.

Nice new rig. Wish I had the bucks to get one, too.
bayani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2007, 1:13 AM   #24

I'm glad you feel that way and I promise not to overload this forum with K10D photos. I will be doing comparisons of it versus the DX6490 and maybe my daughters Z740 and the wife's C340.

As far as affording one...I get $2.00 each day to take to work with me...I don't eat at work and most times I have it to put in a jug the next day to use on anything I would like to get...Like a used lens or two. I work 6-7 days each week so I have between 12 and 14 dollars saved each week. I've bought right at 200 dollars worth of lenses so far with that money. I also saved up over 500 dollars to put on a new camera..Do the math and tell me how long I've been doing that to get to this point! I've wanted it so I saved to get it....Also I am saving enough to repay the wife so she can put the other part of the money back in savings! How long now do I have to save to do that???

The total cost is between $1000.00 and 1100.00 for the camera and battery and SD card and $200.00 for the lenses so far! How long do I need to save and how long have I already been saving?

Dawg

Patience and perseverance are not virtues for poor folks but a necessity.
Old Mar 29, 2007, 2:56 AM   #25

Hello there Dawg, I'm real happy for you and your new camera and gear. I know you have been wanting the K10D for a while now. So congrats are in order and I can't wait to see some pics from the Pentax.

MrBlue.
MrBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2007, 7:49 AM   #26

Congrats Big Dawg! Hope you'll have as much fun using it as you had with your Kodaks.

Ken
kdc41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2007, 9:34 AM   #27

Thanks Mr Blue and Ken! I hope it's anywhere as good a camera as the ole DX has been!

Dawg
Old Mar 29, 2007, 9:29 PM   #28

I'm glad you got new camera ! you will have fun!

and ibe interested to read all your escapades with it as i am interested in all things on here!

and i will probably be able to answer some of your questions that you may ask,

ha ha and I'm miffed at the girlie poop going on between me and billy boy at the moment and i do apologies !

me married 23 yrs 3 girls 1 boy! bill ?

still the boys got his teeth out and keeps biting me back pocket! "well me ankle"

regards bomber.

bomber1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2007, 1:32 AM   #29

Thanks Bomber. Not to worry..I'll have some fun posting these with the new camera...

Tomorrow is my wedding aniversary...I'll be married 40 years tomorrow and have three girls and 11 grandkids! Not Bad for a 58 year old Redneck from the Alabama back woods! Ehh??

Dawg
Old Mar 30, 2007, 5:03 AM   #30

bigdawg schreef:
Quote:
Thanks guys...I'll post some as soon as I find out where the on-off switch is located!

Dawg
That seems a bit difficult Dawg, just to help you, look for something like "on"or "off"written in white paint on top of the camera. (See the picture for details, taken with the kodak C743) :lol:
Attached Images

Ritro is offline   Reply With Quote