Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Apr 4, 2007, 12:06 PM   #41

Thanks Inn. I don't know...I'm used to the gentle graces of the Kodak folks...I might get battered a little over there....NOT... I'll be posting some there soon!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2007, 12:12 PM   #42

Ritro wrote:
Quote:
bigdawg schreef:
Quote:
Congratulations on the new camera Atindra. THAT IS A PRETTY PICTURE for sure. You appreciate things more if you have to earn it or do without to get it! I love the K10D. The first shots convinced me it is a great camera....Now to tame it to my use! LOL

Here are some shots of the lenses I've collected from Ebay purchases while waiting to get the K10D. These were taken with the DX6490. No way I'll get rid of it!!

You should ask Kodak for an adaptor ring so you can use them on the DX 6490 also,

would make great pictures! LOL

Richard.

Richard I have that adapter tube. I don't need it for the lenses I use with the K10D...But I need new adapter rings for the Cokin system in 49mm and 58mm to fit some of these. It will fit the 80-200mm lenses and the Super Takumar 200mm but I need it to fit the shorter lenses for landscapes. I've yet to mount the TCON-17 to the Vivitar and try it.
Old Apr 6, 2007, 5:36 AM   #43

hey dawg im a big pentax fan and am seriously wanting the K10D, you should check out the excellent primes on offer especially the 'digital' DA pancakes. Congrats, give some feedback on how the k10d is.
Red Royalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2007, 11:12 AM   #44

Hey Red..long time no see...The K10D is SWEEET!!!!! Instantaneous focus with the auto focus lenses...and very good feed back to tell you when you are focused with manual lenses. Shot to shot at daylight settings is almost instant. Shoot one and before you can blink shoot another.. I still plan on doing a side by side comparison of the old DX6490 and the Pentax....The DX is noted for very good daytime landscapes and I like to see the differences between it and the K10D. Might be suroprised that a cheap 4mp camera can do nearly as well in some cases as a high priced DSLR!!

Dawg
Old Apr 6, 2007, 12:50 PM   #45

Hey B. Dawg

First page od Steve's DigiCams has your Pentax toy listed on far right list of reviews.

BiLL

:blah:

bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2007, 9:47 AM   #46

bill2468 wrote:
Quote:
Hey B. Dawg

First page od Steve's DigiCams has your Pentax toy listed on far right list of reviews.

BiLL

:blah:

But Bill,,,,Did youread it??? The review that is???

Dawg
Old Apr 7, 2007, 10:07 AM   #47

Hey Dawg,I haven't posted in a long time but I do come and read the post.

I just wanted to congratulate you on your camera,plus all the lenses you have aquired.

You'll be going pro before we know it !!

I saw the photo's you posted with the new camera,they are beautiful,so clear and colorful.

I hope this doesn't mean I'll have to go to the Pentex sight to see your pictures !!!

But I will

Sandy
smiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2007, 2:12 PM   #48

Sandy I do 80 percent of my posting at the Easysharer's forum now...but I will continue posting here with photos from the DX6490...I also am posting here on the Pentax forum..usually the same ones I post on the easysharer's forum but just not as many or often. Keep posting here or at least break in and say hello as we do miss all the long time fellow Kodakians that have gone. Stay with us either here or at the easysharer's forum...For I will and do miss your post as well as others.

Dawg